·
Registered
4,075 Posts
AUSTINS

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh, thanks. I actually drove down old Ridge road and went to the place today. They're charging $65.00 a deer for standard cut; plus an additional $3.00 for diesel fuel (for the walk-in coolers).

If I ever get rid of this Poison Ivy that has enveloped by forearm and neck/left face, I'll be back out in the woods to arrow a critter.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
That's almost hwy robbery. Couple of years ago they were $45, they've gone up about $3-$4 per year. Granted they do a GREAT processing job, with turnaround times, overall cleanliness, wrapping, etc but come on!

AT that price, makes me think about being more selective in the warm weather times I hunt. I butcher all my own when it 's cooler and I have more flexibility in when it has to be done. I usually end up giving them one to butcher and then do 2-3 myself. So I guess I am only paying $65 ($68) for 3-4 deer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they were charging $75.00 last year, so they've actually come down in price. I don't have the time to process one myself during the warm weather; and he's fairly close to me.

I would like to bone one out myself, have never done it before but am mechanically inclined, and have read and watched video's on how to do it. My wife bought me a brand new butcher's set lasy Christmas; I need to get the knives and saw bloodied....

Kindest R$egards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Bmail me or call me. I'll give you quick down and dirty crash course for simple boneless meat, don't need a video.

Just like filleting a fish, throw away anything you don't want to eat. Cut the pieces as big as you want them.(sorta')

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.