Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about Defiance Pilot House boats? While I am attempting to sell my boat I am trying to get all the research done so I know what boat I am going to get when it sells so I can move quickly and not be boatless for a while.

I really like the May Craft 2550 and 27 PH and have gotten opinions on those (any more would be appreciated too) but I am exploring all options...
Thanks in advance
Mark

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
As I said in the other forum:

Wait until you sell your boat and go talk to Judge. No sense having serious talks with them until you sell your boat. Talk to anyone who has actually had a boat built by them and you will know that they take care of their customers. MayCrafts and Defiance boats are nice boats but it is even more expensive down the road to buy one of them and sell it just to go buy the boat you really want. Trust me, I liked my Maycraft a lot but every time I saw a Judge on the water I wanted one. It cost me more money in the long run because I didnt just get the boat I really wanted first. Besides it becomes like a big family once you own one. (I am looking forward to their open house again this spring). Good luck!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
You know my opinion...Judge all the way!!! Just reach a little deeper into that pocket. I know there's plenty of money in there.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Greg is right...go see Bill Judge. They built a boat for me this year and I agree with what he says. They do an amazing job and are really great AFTER the build as well.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have an 2008 2550 Maycraft PH and am very happy with it. Moved up from a 23 Sea Fox. The Maycraft handles the Bay snot with no problems. Had it out during the MSSA this fall in 30 knot winds 4 - 6 chop. I have one or two trips left this season before I call it quits for the year. If you're interested next spring you're welcome to come out on it to see if you like the Maycraft boats. I even put riggers on the PH and they work great. Got tired of planer boards flipping and causing problems when I had the Sea Fox. I've trolled 12 rods on the Maycraft and can probably set a few more out with no problems, and I'm not a Charter Captain, just pleasure fishing with friends. New to TF, but not to Striper Fishing. Been at it since 1997, but still learning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts