Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any news from DE Bay? I heard the bite was turning on and that there are some big rockfish around. Can anyone substantiate this info?

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
299 Posts
Fished Hen & Chicken and outer wall shoals for a few hours this afternoon without a bite. Not a lot of fish (stripers) being brought back to Lewes yet. I think the bite in the mid to upper bay is better. I have seen a lot of Tog coming over the rails from guys along the walls.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A friend and I fished Delaware Bay yesterday. What a gorgeous day out there. We managed a 40", lost one boat side probably about 5 inches bigger, a 23.5 throwback (Jersey rules), and a 36". Also had a few swings and misses on runoffs. Bait of choice was steaks of fresh bunker. We tried using bunker heads too, but nothing seemed interested in heads yesterday.

·
299 Posts
BobEver, Generally speaking, where were you in the bay. Upper - Mid - Lower - Overfalls??

·
Registered
42 Posts
A few guys running from DE chunking bunker in middle and lower bay have been scoring well. Either non-stop on shorts or a few in the 30"-40" range.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Fished upper DE bay last two days. Came home with one 40 inch. Caught 50-60 stripers in range 18-23 inch. Heartbreaking to throw back 4-5 lb. fish all day long, but fun catching them. Used bunker chunks and finger mullet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
[Q]CroixBoy originally wrote:
BobEver, Generally speaking, where were you in the bay. Upper - Mid - Lower - Overfalls??
[/Q]

CroixBoy:

We were in the 60' Slough. Tight lines to you.

·
299 Posts
I have a feeling the Delaware Bay is going to be a zoo this weekend with the weather forecast as it is. Good luck to everyone, and give me a shout if you're out there. I'll be on the water both Saturday and Sunday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts