Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Schedule was busy this week and Mon was really the only day I could do it. Got a ride up to Kent isl and loaded up some saftey stuff, the tool box, and some back up gear and off we went Mon. Everything fired right up. Got used to the electronics and we putted over to the fuel dock. After topping off all 3 tanks we headed down the bay. Eilybird and jthardy were with me for the run. It was flat calm when we started at the bay bridge and we encountered everything from light chop to 20 mph winds and some typical frothy bay seas. Boat ran fantastic. Did not even notice the weather changes or the waves! Just every once and a while I would look behind me and see the big wake being blown over and into spray. Not a drop on the windshield.

Really like the electronics and I had a good time playing with them. I still have a lot of learning to do. When in doubt read the manual!

Took a little over three hours to make it to Coles Point. Cruised 32mph the whole way burning 27-29 gph. Kind of fits in my slip!! real tight squeeze and she sticks out almost 5 feet.

Eilybird was in charge of tunes and pictures and this is what he sends me today (me of course):

It puzzled me the big transom livewell has water coming through it while under way. I will have to find the shut off. But during the ride it seemed inviting. Kind of like an always on urinal! Easier than going below...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Two coolers and one toobox! Roger must have been in charge of that too!
You can take a ******* out of White Oak but you can't......well you know the rest.

Congrats!!!!!

Mushy

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds like a sweeeet ride. We stopped by your place when buying gas Sat pm but did not see any activity. Will look for you on the water this weekend or give you a shout.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Coast Guard reports to the effect that 70% of drowning victims are male and 80% of them have their fly open when recovered.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Eilybird's pose suggests that he is taking a leak but I seriously doubt that he can get it over the transom and over the two big O."B.'s. Is this an optical illusion? I couldn't get it to the transom.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
coan,
thats me in the pic. See the bald head![grin]
Roger was taking the pic. I am going in the live well which is huge. I am not a small guy and i think i could half way crawl in that thing.

I would hope if i went over the guys would have turned around... but you never know with those two. The boat is really smooth riding and while i would not do that by myself on auto-pilot it was pretty safe back there.

Coan, come up the eriver this weekend or i can come down. call and we can fish for some croaker.

·
Registered
78 Posts
[Q]COAN RANGER originally wrote:
Eilybird's pose suggests that he is taking a leak but I seriously doubt that he can get it over the transom and over the two big O."B.'s. Is this an optical illusion? I couldn't get it to the transom.
[/Q]

When your going that fast, clearing the outboards is no problem.[grin]

·
Registered
956 Posts
the livewell in my Parker has water coming in when I am running. seems to scoop up water in the intake and pushes it through the pump. i have to turn off the seacock when running because water comes in faster than it can go out the overflow pipe. pain in the ***. only thing i don't like about the boat.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey stripertom,
i hear you. just got back from vac. i will be calling harry tues., but i am in. kind of excited about my first trip offshore in my boat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts