Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new boat owner. Any suggestions for some known fishing areas in the Deltaville area? Not anyone's secret spots, just want to know where to start. Will start off looking for stripers and croakers now and others as season warms up. My boat is not fast so within 10 miles to start with. Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
rock this time of the year is sort of hit and miss. i have had some luck around the rt 3 bridge, the rock pile near stingray and mouths of some of the creeks. as for croakers, rightn now, shallow water is the answer. had good luck at the shell pile off sturgeon creek. as the water warms, just look for the fleet and listen to channel 68 on vhf. butlers hole and the spike have been good for the last few years. gwynns island and the mouth of the river are usually good. later in the year the spot fishing is good and some years the trout show in good numbers. i can't wait for the fall stripers.
frog

·
Registered
336 Posts
Butlers Hole area is directly across the river from Broad Creek - called Butlers Rock area on the charts

The Spike is the area near Stingray Light at the mouth of the Rappahannock - there is a green day marker in that area

If you go to J & W Seafood in DVL, they have a list of the GPS #'s for all the hot spots in/near the DVL area

Welcome to the board.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
240 Posts
Or join the Deltaville chapter of CCA.
Contact [email protected] or bmail me and I'll give you his phone number.
Lots of great guys in that group as are the ones in NNAC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts