1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of Leaks, Obey Is Fixing a Hole

By Al Kamen
Friday, March 9, 2007; Page A19

What do House Appropriations Committee Chairman David Obey (D-Wis.) and Richard Nixon have in common? They hate leakers.
So Obey, trying to stop colleagues' leaks about the Democrats' controversial Iraq war funding strategy, tried to trap the leakers.

"Three days ago, I gave several members of our caucus false information on purpose, because I wanted to see who the hell was leaking that information," Obey told National Journal. "So these people aren't being invited to the meetings anymore."
Asked who the suspects were, Obey spokeswoman Kirsten Brost said she had asked Obey but "he told me not to leak that information."
Committee member James P. Moran Jr. (D-Va.), for one, said he does not believe he is a suspect. "I may leak, but I don't leak inaccurate information," Moran told our colleague Michael Shear.
"I think Dave's under a fair amount of stress," Moran said. "He gets the job done. But he has a tendency to stress out and even lash out at members." Moran said Obey "has to understand that this is not the CIA or the FBI. The public likes to know what we're doing. Hell, I think we should tell them everything we know and let the chips fall where they may. But that makes thing difficult for leadership because they lose control."

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
By Al Kamen
Friday, September 29, 2006; Page A19

P resident Bush and other senior administration officials were justifiably infuriated this week by outrageous "selective" leaks of secret information in the superclassified National Intelligence Estimate.

The information was stunning news -- at least to people who don't read newspapers -- showing that the intelligence community believes the war in Iraq has actually heightened the danger of terrorism against the United States and boosted jihadist recruitment.

So the administration authorized the release of other sections of the April report that they hoped would neutralize the damage. Bush, in doing so, denounced the leaking "for political purposes." The leakers were trying to influence the upcoming elections. Shocking!

:zzzzzz: Once again Fritzer its just tit-for-tat.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Don't get to swollen headed just because you finally found a reputable statistician to back up your climitology claims...your use of a economist was :roflguy: and your "young activist" was a classic Fritzer spin.

I used the same columnist as you did...yours damming the dems...mine con on the pubs.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts