Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On August 22, 1996, President Clinton signed the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act, fulfilling his longtime commitment to ‘end welfare as we know it.’ As the President said upon signing, “... this legislation provides an historic opportunity to end welfare as we know it and transform our broken welfare system by promoting the fundamental values of work, responsibility, and family.” LA Times

This legislation cut welfare payments.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Facts destroy sociopaths like yourself. Disprove that the welfare budget did not fall under Clinton. If you can't then accept the truth.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
On August 22, 1996, President Clinton signed the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act, fulfilling his longtime commitment to 'end welfare as we know it.' As the President said upon signing, "... this legislation provides an historic opportunity to end welfare as we know it and transform our broken welfare system by promoting the fundamental values of work, responsibility, and family." LA Times

This legislation cut welfare payments.
Which party controlled the House and Senate at the time? Who wrote the legislation and had a veto proof coalition? BC did it kicking and screaming.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
and again, one of the first topics after the results, the liberal starts another thread,,welfare,,,,go figure. Just another sign of things to come

·
Banned
184 Posts
Facts destroy sociopaths like yourself. Disprove that the welfare budget did not fall under Clinton. If you can't then accept the truth.
Unfortunately that is not the case at all. His one objective is to create conflict. He is fulfilled as long as there is someone who will trade insults with him and give him the undivided attention he needs. Facts are merely an inconvenience for him.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Projecting again trevor......

Your one aim was to creat that pseudonym and go immediately to the BS to cause trouble.

Trevor the troll!

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Timber for those who have cognitive skills the post regarded the reduction of welfare under Democratic President Clinton. I am for the reduction of welfare and for the increase in workfare. If reduction of welfare, as under Clinton, is a view into the future with President elect Obama...then I am solidly behind it.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He did "get around to it". It is still true that a Democratic President, Clinton, passed legislation which had the effect of diminishing welfare. Sorry CZ that the fact is contrary to your beliefs. For a couple of more it was the Republicans who increased taxes during both the Reagan and Bush I administrations. The miscodnception is that it is solely the Democratic party that "taxes and spends". Finally, both the Reagan and the Bush 2 governments were record breakers and yet the misconception is that the Democrats foster big government.
Goebbles, the propaganda minister for Hitler, said that a big lie told often enough will be believed.
Its one reason that I enjoy history...it negates many of my misconceptions learned from family, life and college.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Etou actually thinks his messiah will "diminish welfare"?

The old fart hasn't been listening again, or maybe so......

"Goebbles, the propaganda minister for Hitler, said that a big lie told often enough will be believed.
Its one reason that I enjoy history...it negates many of my misconceptions I learned from family, life and college."

NURSE! BRING THE MEDS!

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Till your next break from reality.

If you publish anyone elses personal information here you crazy old fart. You're DONE!

Stick to the TOS and take the meds!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts