Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody cut the x-ducer cord? I was debating on cutting it to 1) have less clutter inside the yak 2) make a smaller hole in the yak to run my cord through.
Or, is this a can of worms I don't want to open up?

Thanks

·
Registered
999 Posts
On this site

http://kayaksportfishing.com/equipment/submissions/ted/fishfinder/fishfinder.htm

This guy says, "NEVER CUT THE TRANSDUCER CABLE. If you cut the transducer cable, you will destroy the calibration between the transducer and the computer and will need to order a new transducer."

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I use a FF on my 16' Oldtown canoe. It has LOTS of extra wire that is a big PITA. I just coil it up tightly (3" circle) and bind it together with a few small tie straps with just end left to reach were it has to reach. Works great. BTW, in saltwater fishing my FF is almost as important to catching fish as are my fishing rods. Never leave home without one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love throwing a wrnch into things....you can cut the cable! The manufacturer will not cover it for warranty repairs. Also you would need to know the minimum cable length for it to work right and also some decent soldering and waterproofing abilities. Overall it is not worth the hassle even for a very experienced electronics technician. Coil it up and tie-wrap it.

Keivn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts