Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
taking family to dewey beach in 2 weeks and want to try surf fishing there. any tips on beach locations,bait and wt . and set ups. thought i would try bait finder rigs,let wife kick back in chair and listen for clicker.[grin] i will most likely do same set up ,but also work closer surf with light spin. 7ft rod and lures. any tips would be great,thank you. b dog gone[smile]

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like Key Box area right outside of Dewey. Not too crowded. Can't help you with setups. I rarely surf fish so I use whatever the guy at the Worms & Perms place suggests that day.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I've fished that area a few times a year over that past several years and have really not done too much and haven't seen much caught either. I normally get several dogfish and rays on cutbait or fishbites farther out, can get tons of small blues on mullet rigs in close and farther out and occasional kings on bloodworm fishbites just behind the breakers.

I try to hit 3Rs as that area seems to have the deepest water. Just try to find the sloughs and fish near where you think the breaks in the bars are. Finger mullet, bloodworm fishbites and cut bunker should get some pullage. I like to hold the rod when using the mullet rigs, the little blues are quick!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks uncle. i hope to get some late nite fishing in at ind. riv. inlet once famliy crashs from beach playing.i will stop locale get fishbites .[smile]

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Also try this site:

http://www.cafelocale.com/cgi-bin/show.cgi?15/15.html

Cape Henlopen pier (CHP) is good... but crowded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts