Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me any information on fishing the Diascund Reservoir in New Kent County, Va. The area covers 1,100 acres and am not familiar with this area. I fish with artificial bait and looking for any recommendations.

Thanks

Howard K.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If you get a early start or fish late in the afternoon a white buzzbait with a white blade works great. Use a carolina rig or deep diving crankbait out on the points during the day.

There is also some good crappie fishing there.

DEAN

·
Registered
889 Posts
HCKRUSE..........Try www.Thefishinmusician.com.........Then go to the message board........Diascund Reservoir is on there.........a lot of the guys fish Diascund and could anwser your questions..........Good Luck........

Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike:
Thanks for the information about www.fishinmusician.com. I looked it up and found a world of information that I didn't know existed.

Thanks again

Howard K.

·
Registered
20 Posts
[smile]I've fished it on and off since the early 80's . If you line up the pump house with the island sort of in front of the ramp, there are some nice stumps within 100 yrds. or so of the island. There's a long flat behind the island. There is deeper water in the mouths of the guts that go to the right. Lots of stumps in those guts. Some mean Pike will roll out from under the bushes early and late. We trolled the guts w/ white& yellow tube jigs for crappie w/ great results. Worm the stumps!! I've caught bass, pike on everything! Biggest surprise was a 4# "pond Roach" back in '84 on a tube jig. There is lots of structure you can't see! If you put in enough time, you'll catch good fish where most people wouldn't look. Almost like "the dutch gap area" only "slightly Smaller?" [grin][wink]

·
Registered
20 Posts
[smile]We only took a few (less than a dozen), but had a couple turn the old Johnboat and pull her some! 12# or so. Never ate em' but folks were glad to take em' off our hands. Said I'd try some from the res. but there wasn't any left over! Maybe there is something I should know about their table fare?[excited]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts