Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I saw the most friggin boats today that I have ever seen. Every type of boat from big to little even some dumb lookin things that looked like space ships. There was cussing on the radio and people running over lines. I could not believe the amount of people crammed into one small area. In the fog this morning, I am surprised that no one is dead. There were boats FLYING BY with no radar through a cram packed area with less than 100yards (or meters for the one guy that measures meters on the radio every ten minutes) My guess is probably over 1000 boats were between lynnhaven and cape henry.

If you looking for a report, it was slow, calm, and crowded. There were little spurts of bites but nothing red hot.

We should all kick in and volunteer to buy puddin pop and red rooster some walkie talkies. Those guys fish right beside each other and like to talk to each other on channel 68 at least once a minute.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i was right next to you early. asked if you caught any. those guys were really annoying. we almost go t-boned by a big boat in the fog so i headed for the beach and rode the shallow water back to c.c. hope no one got hurt out there!! oh yeah who the he!! really cares how many meters visibility there is?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I answered you. There was so much happening on the radio it still has my ears ringing. Should have called me, but even then you wouldnt have heard anything good. It was slow for us. We didnt get the stinker but it was slow.

·
Registered
631 Posts
we got the skunk! had one bump but thats it. saw on guy at c.c. said they limited near the pound nets.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
I started off at the cape and quickly moved away... far away.... Still a lot of boats everywhere I could see. I even turned my radio to another channel to avoid listening to the NON SENSE..

Funny Stuff going on today, it reminded me of the movie JAWS, when they were all trying to catch the Monsta elbow to elbow... I wonder what it'll be like in 10 years...

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Yea it was insane today those guys were very annoying i agree about the walkie talkies.LOL saw yall out there today and wondered how you did it was extremely slooow for us and everyone really..

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Thanks for the warning Jake. We ran south. Not red hot, but we caught about 20 fish total, and best of all, never saw a boat. Well we did have one boat around the last hour we fished. Got backl to the dock about 2 and fortunately it wasn't quite the zoo it was this morning.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Think you hit it on the head with the radio thing, to funny. We saw you today but the fog put it on us. No fish today but will get um next time.
Thanks for the report.
Big AL

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I like many sat in line for the rudee ramp for almost an hour. I was joking with the guys in the truck behind me that they must have been giving away ham biscuts and a 12 pack of PBR with every launch.

I didnt know there ws a boat show in town today....every shape, size hp comfiguration, trailer set up and striper fishing lure known to man was to be found at Owls creek this morning.

Danny

·
Registered
96 Posts
ok here it goes.im gonna buy a pacifier for all the crybabys who cant remember from one year to the next what its gonna be like.jake youre gonna get the biggest one.i wish you guys would just quit crying and put as much effort into avoiding conflicts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Come on Chris Henry, Jake is just making a point that people need to be more considerate on days like today so everyone can have a good time. Perfect example on friday, 50 boats going S to N and here comes one boat going W to E. Maybe that boat owner didnt know it then but these reminders to everyone make everyone say, "was that me?" and hope they correct that problem the next time out. Hope everyone gets a lesson from posts like these to pay better attention to the rules of the road and to others fishing along side them. Martin

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I fish 6 maybe 7 rods so I can make turns and catch fish with out all the tangles.

There was a lot of Stuff going out there, but you just need to keep your head down and avoid it. Funny thing was we did have a 25 grady white who had to come across our bow when his starboard side did not have a boat near him. Then when he passed us went back across our stern. Then as he passed cussed us out and flicked us off. If you are out there, you need to learn some manners and how to drive your boat. I had two families on board and we waved at you was you flicked us off and screemed. Oh yeah we also caught fish!!!!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
What a Crowd!

Jake,

Yes it was a crazy day out there, but we stayed away from the crowds and did pretty well. We moved a few miles up north just before the fog rolled in to avoid the foolishness and caught two nice fish. When the fog left we moved closer to the Cape Henry when the fleet moved off the Cape and caught 3 more.

Your boat looked great as we trolled past a couple of time yesterday. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Tight Lines & Happy Holidays,
Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
152 Posts
Phewwww....thought I'd never say this but.....glad I stayed out of the fray and played the new wii big game my kids got me. Well, I watched as they played. Bad lil monkeys wouldn't let me shoot the leopard.lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts