Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a break from painting to do a little boat maintenance.

Popped my Trailer Buddy bearing protectors off to ensure they really were working. Sure enough no water and plenty of grease! Put them back on and pumped them full again and ready for more road trips. Also rotated the tires and made a tiny axle adjustment cuz one tire was wearing thin on the edge.

Put a couple more rod holders and a fish cleaning station onboard. Even labeled my fuse panel wires (I really do not want to paint). Ordered some flounder rigs from ketch69 for an upcoming saltwater trip.

Greased the engine points but found my tilt will not raise the engine all the way (about 1/2" short of using the tilt lock bar). The fluid level is full so what else could it be? What controls the tilt stop while it is moving? Is it a proximity switch or something inside the tilt motor?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Bassboatcentral.com motor forums should get you a quick answer to the that. Make sure you post info about which engine you have.

All that stuff still sounds like work!!!

Dayton

·
Registered
471 Posts
Try tilting the motor up till it stops then while pressing the button on the motor to lift the rest of the way assist with your hand, if it goes up the rest of the way there might be air inside. I know my old boat was like that. But other than that I dont know.

·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Earlyriser, I'll give that a try. Very annoying given this is a 2004 motor. It used to work fine - was surprised when I noticed it recently.

Dayton - those bass fishermen ignored me last time I posted there. I think they smelled a catfisherman!

·
Registered
887 Posts
What make and horse power motor is it? My brother just got his certification as an outboard mechanic. Me might know about it. There may be an adjustment you can make somewhere. I will ask him.

·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already fixed it. Thanks anyway though. There was an adjustable stop for the switch that controls when the juice is cut to the tilt motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts