Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HawgHvn ::
Cap'n Jamie, 1st Mate Jack, Best Ho Gary & yours truly, new Ho, all met down at the dock. After passing up some great fishing last weekend, Rattler made sure he was there for this trip, though it came close with Jack saying "Let's go! Let's GO!"

Racn had to play around with his new Garmin TOY which gave Gary the time he needed to show up. I told Jamie we'd quit calling it toy when it fileted the fish for us. We shoved off and headed out, just south of Rudee Inlet and about a mile out. Kinda slow the first hour. One hookup which led to a really nice fish for Rattler.

Then about an hour and a half into it, closer to shore just a half mile south of the inlet we got into it big time! Four on board and four limits of fish over 30" in no time.

Well. 7 in the box anyway, and we decided to troll for one more. The birds were diving all over - looked like snow from a distance. The Garmin had Jamie saying we should hook up anyminutenow. Sure enough, FISH ON - and AGAIN - FISH ON!!!! Knowing we were at our limit with one, we waited for both to come up and both were fatties that busted the limit without even looking. That Garmin quit being a toy and became a TOOL!

Jamie has the pix. And the electric filet knife. Reduced them HAWGS to FILETS in NO TIME! Gottagetmeone! And thanks for the spines - they are in the oven baking right now - so Rosie thanks you for the spines, too!

Great Captain. Great Boat. Great Day. Great Crew. Great Company. Great Fishing. Great GAWD, the FISHING!!!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I'm sorry, which board were you trying to reach? When you catch them above the Chick, they go here. Those things are salty.

Dayton[grin]

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we launched from the deep bottom boat ramp........trolled for 17 hours until we got to sandbridge and dropped lines......after we got 8 fish we hauled tail back but ran out of gas around the jorden bridge and sea tow took us to dutch gap where i had my truck brought around to. there were no cats or buzzards there to speak of. next time i launch i think we will launch from Osborne. so anyway you never answered my question........DID YOU CATCH ANY CATFISH TODAY ???

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
You just typed a whole paragraph without a cuss word. Congrats!

No fishing for me today. It is family day. Trip to walmart, kids video, nap time, Superbowl

Dayton

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
racn35 - I was going to. Not really. I chopped wood. Wish I had some of those striper. I recently ate the last of my flounder filets from last summer. No more fish in the freezer. OK, I have some spadefish but i ain't eating them.

Go Pittsburg. beat those left coast pantywaists.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NOT EATING SPADEFISH ? MAY I ASK WHY ? MY GAWD AFTER I HAD THEM 2 YEARS AGO THEY ARE BY FAR THE BEST FISH I HAVE EVER HAD !

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just to annoy DAYTON ::

Left rudee in a great flat ocean ! not many boats at all either- dropped my home made umbrellas rigs and a 1 strech way way back.......geez a triple hook up and all by myself. get the first one along side and lip her lil 34 inch arse and let it go. the second fish was about 26 or so, didnt even put a tape on it- released it too....them comes the stretch that seemed to be 50 miles back, good thing there was no wind - a nice 38ish in the box. no more multi's for me.......troll 1 rod amd 1 rod only the next 2 hours i C&R 4 more fish and kept the 5th at 37 inches or so.....great day and did it solo......forgot my camera so my sweety took this when i got home a lil bit ago !!

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man I cant get enough Spades - I know i caught more spades than you guys did and I am out out out !! They are the first to go- plenty of flounder,mahi,lots of tuna and now a dozen or so packs of rockfish...bring on the spades.........I even bought a spear gun to take when they wont bite. I will still go home with a limit !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts