Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out yesterday to get my buddy's second of the year. I brought the camcorder since I've gotten my two. We set up about 80yds from this bird. I did two series of soft yelps around 5:45, which he responded to and then we shut up. This bird gobbled from 5:30 to 6:43, which is when he finally decided to fly down towards us, but out about 50yds. When he hit the ground, he gobbled once as he turned and walked towards the swamp where they sometimes cross. Never gobbled again. We picked up and headed towards the field, since my friend needed to get to work. We quietly snuck up to the edge and there was another gobbler on the same edge as we were. We just sat and waited for him until he walked to within 30yds and that was the end for him. The bird was only 15.5lbs, but had a 10.5" beard and spurs over an inch.
What's the latest anyone has witnessed a bird fly down?

· Registered
105 Posts
I've had birds sit in the tree gobbling well after 8 am. They'll sit in the tree gobbling trying to draw hens to them, and when they see the hens, they'll fly down to them. That way, they can't be taken out by predators that are drawn in by the gobbles, mostly hunters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.