Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in Barns and Nobles tonight and looked at the vast array of how to books for
digital photography. Does anyone have a recommendation on a good book that would improve my overall technique ? I have a book specific to my camera and its more of an expanded version of the operators manual. What I am looking for is something that covers both technical instructions as well as some artistic help with composure and lighting.

What have you read that helped you ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have quite a few books on digital photography..One of my favorites is "Digital Photography" (the missing manual) by Chris Grover & Barbara Brundage its a good source of info; however I also have (digital photography for dummies), dont let that name throw you, dummies books have a lot of good info, as do the Idiots selections..I'm never satisfied with one manual I must have a collection of them for I will always drain as much info out that I can..also picking up some of the photo editing manuals created by many different artists...If you do not yet have a photo editing program I highly recommend Photo Elements, not quite sure what version is on the shelf now, but I am using 5 and its good enough for what I need to do..Elements is a product of Adobe which offers Photoshop, considered one of the finest editing programs out there, although elements doesn't have all the bells and whistles Photoshop does, it is quite extensive, and many manuals are written for it...hope this helps a little

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have PS Elements 5 also. I am also using the trial version of Nikon Capture NX2 . The Nikon NX2 seems to work better for me but plopping down the bucks to get it after the 60 day trial runs out may not happen !! It $$$ compared to to Elements which I picked up a Costco on sale !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.