Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a late start yesterday due to some prior commitments. Ran out the south river and across the bay. Even with the wind the bay wasent to snotty till we came to the Eastern side above bloody pt. Worked that area for a bit with little luck. Moved further east as my tide window was closing. Caught a few dinks before we lost current. At this point I wad satisfied because the skunk was off and we had caught a few fish. Checked a few more spots and burned some fuel waiting for the tide to turn, with not even a bite. Was steady marking bait and fish but cpuldnt buy a fish. As soon as the 45 minute window before high tide rolled around the fishing came alive. We jigged deeper then I was used to with good results. Hot cooler was white with green 3/4 oz head. Dipped the tails in green dye and I did notice a difference. Had a double hook up which was a first on my boat. Saw Shawn and a few others out there. Weather even turn out to be decent for a few hours. Got a call from Slowlearner that there was a storm on the way so we ran back across the bay in record time. Even saw a nice rainbow over Poplar.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Glad you got some action. I will give you a call about fishing on Sunday.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
There were days I thanked the Powers That Be for the few dinks I was able to catch... there will always be better days to come.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Keepers on a jig, nothing wrong with that. We had a pretty good evening with plenty of fish last night, but nothing huge. I'll take it though considering the way it's been lately. I think we're spoiled! Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Nice work Nick. Kicking myself for not getting out Sunday morning with that window of nice weather we had. Think the trolling rods will be staying in the cabin next weekend given how slow this year has been. I've actually been wanting to do some jigging for the past few weeks, but the water quality won't cooperate. Hopefully that changes despite the rain forecast.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keepers on a jig, nothing wrong with that. We had a pretty good evening with plenty of fish last night, but nothing huge. I'll take it though considering the way it's been lately. I think we're spoiled! Thanks for the report.
Don't get me wrong Shawn, we were thrilled. It was good to catch a couple after some pretty disappointing trips over the last few weeks.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Either I'm doing something wrong or the difference a day makes. Congrats on "catching". I did a little "fishing" today, same area and like your earlier results nuthin'. Guess I'll have to try it again, aww schucks!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice work Nick. Kicking myself for not getting out Sunday morning with that window of nice weather we had. Think the trolling rods will be staying in the cabin next weekend given how slow this year has been. I've actually been wanting to do some jigging for the past few weeks, but the water quality won't cooperate. Hopefully that changes despite the rain forecast.
Thanks Reed, When ive had a slow day while trolling in the past, its just frustrating. Now when i have a tough day jigging, I feel like I walk away smarter for it. Each trip I try to learn something, find a new spot, figure out how to better my technique ect ect. It has been a slow year but hopefully that just means our summer will be better.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Either I'm doing something wrong or the difference a day makes. Congrats on "catching". I did a little "fishing" today, same area and like your earlier results nuthin'. Guess I'll have to try it again, aww schucks!
That's how it goes, had plenty of days like that so far this year. Make sure your using tide and current to your advantage. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Yep it's been a tough spring, but like you mentioned each trip you learn something new. I fished the entire tide cycle moving a fair bit, I guess I moved too soon for some areas and got there too late for others. Summer is going to be fun. Up until this spring my farthest trip south had been to TPL. Now I know a little of Poplar and the south end of Bloody. EB and the narrows are next...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts