Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all, I was just curious as to what the intell is on the fishing might be like next week. Do you all think the water will be really stained or maybe not as the major rains were east an south of Bay Bridge area. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
14,071 Posts
Good morning all, I was just curious as to what the intell is on the fishing might be like next week. Do you all think the water will be really stained or maybe not as the major rains were east an south of Bay Bridge area. Thanks for your input.
The water takes time to muddy up the bay. Next week you will see the stained , debris move in......... Gary

·
Registered
265 Posts
My brother is out there right now in his 27 Grady and he is jigging at the mouth of the Little Choptank. He is dealing with 5 foot waves but he said the water is clean....for now.

·
Premium Member
26,177 Posts
Leave it to a Grady owner to go out in this sh*t. ( lol )

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Just over the bridge 1 hour ago and thought it did not look too bad. slow rollers 3-4ft but water looked good to me. I'll be out after this thing called WORK is done.

Ted

·
Registered
265 Posts
According to the buoy the waves are only 3ft. even thought there is a gale warning and the waves are predicted to be 5ft.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/show_plot.php?station=44042&meas=wvht&uom=E&time_diff=-4&time_label=EDT
only 3 ft waves? My brother said he was regularly dipping the bow of his 27 Grady Sailfish under the waves when he was setting up for the next drift. He was moving into the wind at about 6 knots or so. How big do the waves need to be before a boat that big dips its bow? I would guess it would take at least a 5 foot wave.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Leave it to a Grady owner to go out in this sh*t. ( lol )
Skip, I couldn't believe it when he called me this morning and told me he was catching dinks. I asked him what the heck he was doing out there in this mess and he said, "I'm fishing. What do you think I am doing?". My response to him was "You just ain't right."

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Latest satellite shot is from the 2nd. Brown water was just passing the mouth of the Patapsco. Bigger problem will be the refrigerators, trees, coolers, tires, etc coming down the bay for the next 4-5 days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts