Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I'm thinking about going on a spring break (mid-March) vacation with my family to Punta Allen on the Yucatan. Of course, I'll have to bring my fishing gear to wade some flats :clap:. I have read that the available species include bones, permit, snook and tarpon. I am not able at this time to hire a guide so I planned to try fishing on my own. Does anyone have any experience DIY fishing in this area? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We are also considering a place to stay called Posada Sirena (a small guest cottage run by a woman in Punta Allen). Has anyone ever stayed there?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tight lines,

Neal

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Try the Dan Blanton fishing board. I may have spelled it wrong but someone suggested it to me on this board when I had a similar post about Cozumel Mexico which I knew nothing about but figured there had to be some sort of flats fishing around. Good luck

·
Registered
88 Posts
Punta Allen is a lobster Coop. I fished it many times at Ascension Bay Bonefish lodge that is a guide included place to stay. I fished it when Jan Isley had the place. It has changed hands since then but I think most of the bones are by panga. There was a guy from the US who was renting kayaks and that should do. There is a place where a reef is that is not to far away. North of PA there is much fishing along the beach. I did not do any fishing at PA except on what they call the RIO which is like the inside of the island. I talked to some americans who live there and they say it is like living in Paradise. It was many years ago when I was there, no electricity if there was a ball game and only until early evening and ice came every day.
Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts