Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Candus Thomson wrote a good story in Sunday's Sunpaper sports section about how our DNR is facing some serious budget cuts.baltimore.com/outdoors if you want to read it.

Short version- our DNR is getting less money and less officers.There is a vote on this Wednesday so please take a minute an send an E-mail to the governor or John Griffin (DNR head guy).

Welcome to the Office of Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley

[email protected]

We need more officers out there to enforce the game/boating/fishing laws.When money gets tight - more people will tend to break the laws (poach).With less officers around - the poachers are less likely to be caught.

Only takes a minute to write a quick note.Fishermen/hunters are for the most part quiet but make some noise on this issue :yes:.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
CCA Put out an action alert on this too...

Marine resources once again need you to act NOW! Governor O'Malley recently has received recommended cuts to balance the state budget. Two of the possibilities will impact the Natural Resources Police, our only agency capable of enforcing marine regulations.

The Governor needs to hear that recreational anglers and conservation minded citizens want to maintain NRP's ability to do its job. Your voice has made a difference in state actions before. It's time to voice your opinion again.

Click the link below to log in and send your message:
CCA Maryland Grassroots Action Center

You have received this message because you have subscribed to a mailing list of CCA Maryland. If you do not wish to receive periodic emails from this source, please click below to unsubscribe.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Skip,

Thanks for the info, and a message was sent.
But I truly believe that he is only concerned about his own political future.

Did he every take you up on your "diving for some mud" invitation?

Ken

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ken- They offered to send out a staff member if the Governor can not make it.Running out of time due to the bay cooling off.

If they realized how well it would look - he would have already gone out with me.Picture my son (12 yrs old/blonde hair) handing the very concerned governor a jar of bay bottom mud.The press would eat that up.

Never know- it might still all fall into place.He has until Thanksgiving - I half expect they are waiting for cold water temps. just to teach me a lesson :D about inviting him out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Now Skip, as subtle as you were:cool: do you really think they would try to teach you a lesson:nono:

I just don't think it fits into his agenda and that is a shame. I agree with the press he could get by getting that exact photo. Damn, you should run his next campaign!!

Ken

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I don't think for a minute that those left leaning anti gun anti hunter weasels in Assapolis will give a rats butt if the NRP has to let some of their officers go....Look for an increase in fees and permits for both hunting and fishing next year (2009). Also look for tax increases even though the slots referendum will probably (sadly) pass....

·
Registered
165 Posts
:jackthread:

What was this thread about?

Oh yeah, I remember... it's about contacting the Governor and requesting that he NOT cut NRP positions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts