Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wondering if the sonar is like a speaker sending annoying sound. Fish are so sensitive to vibration, seems they would not like it.

Thoughts ?:fishing2:

·
Registered
5,809 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
I have at times turned off my FF to see if it helped me catch fish. once or twice I felt it did. But to me thinking back, overall, no real difference.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't think it scares fish but most high power units in low freq give off a very loud tick. I can hear mine two slips over or in my stateroom when motors are off.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We have often wondered if our 1 KW transducer scared tuna on the troll. I don't know. We thought bites went down when we moved up to the larger transducer.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I guess you guys don't think your motors put out way more vibration/underwater noise then radios and fish finder transducers.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I have not noticed any change in the number of fish/ bites using a fish finder in 3 - 8ft. of water while Speck fishing; and we use an electric trolling motor for propulsion... I understand the concern but have never personally noticed an impact to the fishing... My .02... Tight Lines

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
66 Posts
Empirical evidence is that tuna seem to like Van Halen. On the other hand, I've been skunked with a wide variety of music on. ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I guess you guys don't think your motors put out way more vibration/underwater noise then radios and fish finder transducers.
We think offshore that the motors draw the fish, but we don't know if getting pinged with sonar from a big transducer sounds like schools of baitfish to pelagics:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts