Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know I don’t NEED one, I have been happily using a Garmin 48 for many years. I am looking to upgrade, if only to get WAAS accuracy. I have a small center console so I’m not running very far. Mostly the features I use most are the mapping page to see where my drift was, the MOB and GOTO. The 48 only gets down to .02 miles, so a bigger screen, higher resolution would be nice. But to get the bigger screen I’m in chart plotter range It seems like the charts/chips are ala carte at $100+ when combined with the unit cost that gets pretty pricey. Are there functions/benefits that I may be overlooking or should consider before I get another (Garmin) handheld??

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
You just missed out. Garmin was doing a $100 rebate on the 276, 376 and 476 until Dec 31. I bought a 276 for $348. Garmin has all the same functions that all the other big names do, so I don't think you can really go wrong with them. In fact they do some things better than my big Furuno. The Blue Chart software is really sweet for sitting at home and doing waypoint/wreck number management and then just dumping it straight to your unit.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The Garmin 192C is pre-loaded with charts. Nothing else to buy, and it's in color! Very easy on the eyes and easy to read in the sun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts