Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about putting in if I can find some light tackle action with some stipers (not strippers!!)

early and late at the rt 5 Bridge ?

how about up near Richmond?

and on what?

·
Registered
556 Posts
small stripers stay in the James year round. A friend of mine has been catching them up to 20 lbs the last couple of weeks above Osbourne on live perch and cut shad in very shallow water.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reelman and I had the best night I have had for stripers in about 5 years last night. We caught at least 30 mostly casting. A few on white perch and shad. They ranged from 5 to 15 pounds. I was really cool. It seemed we could have caught all we wanted and we left them biting. My arms are sore this morning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you guys using bottom rigs w/ the cut bait? Curious as to the set up you're using for stripers in the James (like a bottom rig for the surf with a several ounce sinker)?

Appreciate the info. I've been surf fishing for 20+ years & recently bought a boat-have been putting it in at Osborne so I'm looking forward to fishing that area of the James. Caught some small catfish Memorial Day weekend but had little luck last weekend. Was using live minnows, nightcrawlers, shrimp & various artificials.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
887 Posts
I use the same type of rig for stripers that I use on catfish, with smaller hooks for the rockfish. As long as you keep it near the bottom that is what matters. Peelers are hard to beat. -Kepone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts