Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ! I know its supposed to rain tomorrow but I'm planning to go fishing anyway because looks like wave and wind won't be too bad , its the only day that i can go and the weather have been horrible the last couple weeks and not being to fish have been killing me. The method i've been using is to look for birds and breaking fish since I dont have a fish finder , am I going to see this in the rain also and does fish feed when its raining ? Thanks !

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,295 Posts
No ......... They don't like it when it's wet :hysterical:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Don't know where you're fishing but if in shallow water...top water in the rain is usually better than normal...at least for me.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ran from the south down to 84 and across to 83 and back to the south R and only birds were at the mouth of the river and it was dink blues... water was glass though

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
Be sure to watch for slicks / calm spots - this often is oil from baitfish being chomped on.

Go upwind / up current a touch and drift back towards the slick.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
There are birds working every day till the end of the season somewhere in the bay. Definitely sounds like some nice fish are in the shallows though if you watch the reports. Almost always breakers this time of year in the am around Poplar Isl. Good luck and be safe. I think a depth/fishfinder is in order soon though :eek:)!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fished mouth of the Chester and Magothy today. Didn't see any breakers. Lots of birds floating around waiting for something to happen.

Calm seas, ok visibility, low cloud cover. Trolled everything in the tackle box caught one dink rock.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Fished mouth of the Chester and Magothy today. Didn't see any breakers. Lots of birds floating around waiting for something to happen. Calm seas, ok visibility, low cloud cover. Trolled everything in the tackle box caught one dink rock.
Sorry to hear that but thanks for the report!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There are birds working every day till the end of the season somewhere in the bay. Definitely sounds like some nice fish are in the shallows though if you watch the reports. Almost always breakers this time of year in the am around Poplar Isl. Good luck and be safe. I think a depth/fishfinder is in order soon though :eek:)!!
Yes definitely ordering a fish finder/GPS combo soon but I am 100% trading in for a bigger/better boat in the spring ( the current boat is my first ever boat) thats why its on hold now. Last few weeks been working the shallows (6-7 ft) near Manapeak and the near the bridge and its been great . Thanks

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Hey guys ! I know its supposed to rain tomorrow but I'm planning to go fishing anyway because looks like wave and wind won't be too bad , its the only day that i can go and the weather have been horrible the last couple weeks and not being to fish have been killing me. The method i've been using is to look for birds and breaking fish since I dont have a fish finder , am I going to see this in the rain also and does fish feed when its raining ? Thanks !
When it rains hard, the fish will stay under your boat to avoid it. No need for a fish finder unless the sun comes out........ Gary

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Shallow water, no more then 4-5' with a Chug Bug surface lure. Points and little rock piles along the shore/Chester River. If your trolling don't work.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Rain is usually associated with extended low pressure systems and I have found fish bite better during a rising or high pressure period or right as a low front is rolling in. YMMV.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Went out this morning around around 7:30 , water was very calm , found some breaking fish around 5-6 feet of water her Manapeak ,used Hopkins and Stingsilvers , all small rocks so no keepers at all . Tried to look for schools of blues but had no success, all dinky rocks , rain started around 11:30 so went back to the dock. No keepers but it was a fun morning . Thanks again guys for the tips !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts