Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My much better half bought me this dock light and its great. I can spend hours watching fish, mostly perch and an occasional rock. My son caught this one on light tackle with a 6 inch rapala minnow black on silver. man i'm a lucky dude.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Tell us a little about the dock light; I live in Salt Ponds Marina in Hampton and am certain lots of fish would be attracted to a reliable, and strong dock light....??

What type, above water or submersed/ cost and where available???

BobAllen, Hampton VA

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Tell us a little about the dock light;

Yes - tell us more. Is the light hooked up to an outlet on the dock or does it run off a 12V battery? Neat pictures.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tell us a little about the dock light; I live in Salt Ponds Marina in Hampton and am certain lots of fish would be attracted to a reliable, and strong dock light....??

BobAllen, Hampton VA
I have had docklights going for the last 3 or 4 years. Mine were obtained at www.fishinglightsetc.com and have been alot of fun. I ordered the photocell timer with them and I have them set to run for 6 hours once they come on at dark. I bought the magnum combo set and use the green tube. Oh they run on 120 volts. It is fascinating to watch the bait fish swim in circles around the light and then bigger fish dart in and pick them off. They attract shrimp also and it is amazing how fast a shrimp is and most of the time they escape whatever is chasing them. My next door neighbor would cast around frequently and caught both puppy drum and speckled trout. Farmcall posted some pics earlier if I remember correctly and they look similar to mine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.fishnlight.com/ Ask for amy in customer service. I've had mine for over a year and they happily fixed a minor problem quickly.....It plugs into a standard outlet, mine is the lowest lumen product and its very bright.... I see all types are available now.. I am going to add a short section of pvc over the cord to protect it from hooks. I almost think my floodlight is better to fish under but the underwater light is just cool...I tell the kids thats where the creature from the black lagoon lives and they go nuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts