Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on placing some lights for fishing at night. What are the best lights for attracting fish.

THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Yellowish as opposed to bright white. That's as technical as I'm capable of getting on the subject, but in my expereince yellowish works best. I also have found that the larger fish tend to hang out at the edge of the lit area rather than in the middle of the beam.

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
I'll second the green underwater light.The amount of bait that swarms to it is unreal :yes:.

·
Registered
112 Posts
From my experience the best lights are 100 watts plus, on all the time night after night, near deeep water and with a good tide flow. My favorite was one on a pier on the main Bay shore near Hodges Bar. Many nice rock and big perch all Fall. Alass, the property changed hands and the new guy didn't desire to keep the light on each night. Just about zero fish until the ice took out the whole thing a couple of years ago. My biggest under the lights this year, so far, = 24".:yes:

·
Registered
146 Posts
My old community on the Magothy had white spots on the dock and they were on all night/all year. It was great fishing from October to December 31st but seemed to stop around Jan 1. The key after the water got below 60 degrees was to use the largest bull minnows possible on a hook 3-4' behind a bobber. Not rocket science, but lots of fun!

·
Registered
368 Posts
In Lenny Rudow's "Fishing the Chesapeake", he suggests green light. I would go with green if the light is strictly for attracting fish. :thumbup:

·
Registered
475 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts