Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...this morning. Two nice sized ones were in this farmers field about 50 yards away (I don't have his explicit permission to hunt there, only to recover) and while I was fixated on them, two more does snuck up behind me.

I didn't get busted by the sneaky ones, but they knew something was in the tree (me) but couldn't quite figure it out. I wasn't able to move correctly in order to arrow one (she was about 20 yards away behind some twigs) but they ambled off unalerted.....

I'm going back there Saturday morning, hopefully I'll be in a better posture to take her.

Kindest regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[Q]RAYMOND RHODES originally wrote:
I would think you would pick a better position to be in to shoot the deer....

Kindest Regards,

-Raymond in Virginia

[/Q]

This is true. I'm thinking about taking my climber out there this Saturday morning. The ladder stand seems to be exposed too much on the left side, and the ground that the does traversed to sneak up on me slopes down towards my position. Pretty easy for them to pick me out.

Not a lot of good tree's, matter of fact the one that I have my ladder stand against is covered with poison Ivy. Which whacked me good about two weeks ago. I'm still recovering from it.... [sad]

Kindest regards,

-Will in Maryland

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.