Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Anybody Out There Looking For Hunting Partners; Safe, Law Abiding Hunting Partners?

I Do Alot Of Hunting And Fishing And Most Of The Time, I'm Solo. I Can't Believe That Others Don't Have The Same Situation.

I Wouldn't Call It A Problem, Cause I Go By Myself All The Time, From Elk Hunting To Mule And Whitetail Deer, To Water Fowl.

But It Would Be Nice To Get Together With A Few Guys (or Friends) Here And There For Some Fun Hunting And Fishing Trips..

Some Of The Trips I Go On The Wives Could Even Come Along And Enjoy Themselves.

Example: Obx: Spring And Fall For Tuna/mahi/wahoo... My Wife Normally Goes With Me She Loves To Fish For Tuna!!! We Can Either Charter My Friends 58 Custom Ot Run My 31 Contender Depending On, Do We Want To Work For The Catch Or Sit Back And Have Fun.

I'm Kinda New To The Abredeen/churchville Area , But Looking For 1 To 2 Guys To Hook Up With.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I used to hunt alot but have strayed away from it the past couple of years. I fish all the time though, and am always up for trips. I have a small boat and spend alot of time on resovoirs bass fishing. I live in Baltimore County so I am not too far from you. I also try and do at least 5-6 offshore trips a year. I am definately interested in any trips you may have coming up, and if you want to catch loads of small and largemouth bass let me know and you can come join me on my boat at Loch Raven resovoir which is right in Baltimore County and is an awesome place to fish.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
If I did'nt have a 2y/o I'd be your man but when I'm not fishing she gets all my free time. It was either fishing or hunting and fishing won. A trip tot he OBX is'nt out of the question though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
when and where

My friend and I are always hunting somewhere and love to fish. I live in Aberdeen and have a 21' Cape Horn and He lives in bel air and has an 18' john boat give me a shout.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I did'nt have a 2y/o I'd be your man but when I'm not fishing she gets all my free time. It was either fishing or hunting and fishing won. A trip tot he OBX is'nt out of the question though.
Russ, I'M RIGHT BEHIND YA WITH A 6 1/2 MONTH OLD. I HAVE DADDY DUTY EVERY NIGHT FROM 4:00 TIL 9:00 THE WIFE WORKS ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE WHITE HOUSE IN DC AND DOESN'T GET HOME TIL 9:00 EVERY NIGHT SO ON THE WEEKEND SHE GETS THE LITTLE ONE AND DADDY GOES AND PLAYS!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Isabelle I have live and hutn around Joppatowne so if you want I can show you some stuff.

I also do most of my fishing on the Gunpowder river.

But one thing you have to remeber people will give up where the fish are alot easier then where the ducks and geese are.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I usually get Saturdays because she's off but Sundays she works. During the week I have Mondays and Tuesdays. Boy you've got some fun times to look forward to. It's really easy till they learn to walk. Then you spend all your time chasing them. I just can't wait till she can come fishing, but I don't whant her to grow up too fast either. Wanna go sharking this year? I've got 50 wire rigs tied and the flying gaff ready to go!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My friend and I are always hunting somewhere and love to fish. I live in Aberdeen and have a 21' Cape Horn and He lives in bel air and has an 18' john boat give me a shout.
GIMMIE AND CALL AND WE'LL HOOK-UP, I'M NOT BIG ON FRESH WATER FISHING, BUT LOVE THAT SALTY AIR IN MY HAIR. I'M NORMALLY AT SOLOMONS OR POINT LOOKOUT IN THE SPRING FOR TROPHY ROCK FISH. THE WIFE AND I USUALLY DO A APRIL OR MAY TRIP OUT OF OBX FOR TUNA, AND GAFFER DOLPHIN, SEPTEMBER WE DO THE OBX THING AGAIN FOR WAHOO IF THERE AREN'T ANY HURRICANES, THEN OCTOBER THRU JANUARY I'M HUNTING MOSTLY, RIFLE DEER, DON'T HAVE ANY GOOD SHOT GUN AREAS IN MD YET.
THEN A FEW FALL ROCK FISHING TRIPS DOWN AT THE CBBT FOR BIG STRIPPERS AND I USUALLY FINISH UP WITH GOOSE HUNTING.

THE WIFE HAS A 31 CONTENDER WITH TWIN 300 YAMMY'S, BUT SHE LETS ME USE IT..LOL... I WAS TOLD LONG TIME AGO, YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR BOAT/ YOU KEEP YOUR WIFE. SHE NOT ONLY LOOKS GOOD BUT SHE'S SMART TOO!!.

WINTER MONTHS I'M MAKING NEW LURES FOR NEXT YEAR OR I DO MY OWN HAND LOADS FOR MY RIFLES, SO I'M RELOADING FOR THE NEXT HUNTING SEASON.
RIGHT NOW I GOT A 8MM MAG THAT I'M GOING TO GET THE BARREL FLOATED AND BEDDED. THEN I'M GOING TO PLAY WITH SOME DIFFERENT LOADS TO SEE WHAT IT LIKES. FOR YEARS I'VE BEEN USING MY TRUSTY 7MM MAG.
I'VE BAGGED ALMOST EVERYTHING WITH IT. 4 ELK, 1 MOOSE, 1 CARIBOU, TONS OF WHITETAILS, PRONGHORN ANTELOPE, AND A COUPLE OF MULE DEER.

MY HOME # 410 306 6434 GIMMIE A CALL SOMETIME, I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING NEW FREINDS IN THE AREA TO HUNT AND FISH WITH

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Isabelle I have live and hutn around Joppatowne so if you want I can show you some stuff.

I also do most of my fishing on the Gunpowder river.

But one thing you have to remeber people will give up where the fish are alot easier then where the ducks and geese are.
THAT'S COOL! I DON'T QUITE UNDERSTAND THE HUNTING SECRETS THING YET. REMEMBER, I JUST MOVED TO ABERDEEN/ CHURCHVILLE LAST JULY, ALTHOUGH I'VE BEEN FISHING MD, VA AND NC WATERS FOREVER, I'M JUST STARTING TO LEARN ABOUT THE MD HUNTING DEAL.

I'M ORIGONALLY FROM A SMALL DRIED UP COAL MINING TOWN IN WVA. GRANTED YOU DON'T HAVE THE DENSE POPULATION BACK HOME, THERE JUST AREN'T ANY SECRETS, EVERYBODY KNOWS WHERE EVERBODY ELSE GOES. MOST OF MY HUNTS ARE IN WVA, OR WYOMING

UP HERE IN CHURCHVILLE, CANADA GOOSE ARE EVERYWHERE. I'M SURE IF I GO DOOR TO DOOR THIS SUMMER SOMEONE WILL LET ME HUNT LOCALLY, ALTHOUGH I'VE BEEN WRONG BEFORE.

I'M JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE LOCALLY TO GO AND HAVE FUN WITH NEW FREINDS.

I'VE NEVER DUCK HUNTED BEFORE, BUT I BET ITS A BLAST, CAUSE I LOVE GOOSE HUNTING.

THERE'S A GUY OUT OF BELAIR WHO'S A DUCK GUIDE, I'M GOING TO TRY AND GO WITH HIM NEXT YEAR. BUT IN THE MEAN TIME, IF I HOOK UP WITH SOME LOCALS AND I NEED TO PITCH IN AND BUY SOME ADDITIONAL DECOYS OR PITCH IN IN SOME OTHER MANOR I'M HAPPY TO DO SO.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ok ill try to expalin the hunting seacret thing. You can fish 50 feet next to a person but you have to be a couple hundred yards away from another hunter.

There is not many places to waterfowl hunt and in MD. Ill give you a example. If I show you a place on sat. with 4 state blind sites and its real hot. You bring someone else on wed. Then the following sat. both of you reserve 2 of the site and someone else reserves the other two site. Then there is no site for me and I am sitting home watching college football when I want to be hunting. So when I finally get back out the ducks have be shot out of the area then I have to do more scouting.

Private property is real cut throat. There are people you take hunting and the next day they are doing work for the farmer trying to take your farm. I have seen it enough times.

There is places that you can go and hunt anywhere like Fishing bay and Deal but then after you get there at 4:00 a.m. get your spot and set up some yahoo will set up 60 yards from you 5 min. before shooting time.

Another thing you have to remember is that A.P.G. ownes the entire upper western shore so that cuts more places out that you are able to hunt.

There is alot of geese where you live and I hope you have some good luck finding a place but most of the people up there only let personal friends or family hunt thier farms. So I would try to meet as many of your neighbors as possible. Also Harford county is know for horse farms and they do not like guns going off around thier horses.

You can find a pit on the eastern shore but they are usually $3,000 and up.

In other words your not in WVA. anymore.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Well said jtowne,

The cold hard truth...............

jtowne will then also hear it from Coates and Durado/cam2/chris who will also be sitting home watching football (I believe)

Here is a link to another discussion abot HarCo hunting
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/marylandwhitetail/vpost?id=1647261

One other issue that has plaqued me before.........is where to launch a boat!!

The same situation applies to crabbing..............it is nice to share but there is only so much to go around..............and some of us have limited time to be out and about.

Mark

·
Registered
99 Posts
Coates knows all about it. He even reserved a blindsite and someone else was in it when he got there and pretty much kicked him out. He called me like 10 min before sunrise and I let him hunt one of my private sites 400 yards away. If it wasnt for me him and his kids would have to turned around and paddled thier canoe back to the boat ramp.

I hunt alot with cam2 and we have some prime spots up and down the bay and on both shores. Every year we have people try to take our spots. It has costed me alot of money and alot of connections to keep these spots. Another thing that is wrapped up is time. It takes years to find spots, how to saftly hunt the spots, where to launch your boat in the middle of Jan. in 15 degree temp., and how to play the winds and make it back alive.

That is the difference between hunting and fishing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thats right Jtowne - you definitely saved the day for me and the boys, all with a call within 15 minutes of gunning time. Many Thanks. My boy even shot a woodduck that morning and I got a bluebill. That woodduck made up for all of the crying he did when we found out our reserved blindstake was taken and they were not moving and he thought his morning was over before it even started.

Doug

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dang, We Aint In Kansas Anymore Toto!!!

Well, I Have A Better Understanding Of What's Happening. Thanks For Helping Me To Understand. Its Ashame That Its So Cut Throat Anymore.

I Don't Have Much To Give On The Hunting Side Other Than Good Company And To Share All Expenses As Fare As Possible With Others, But In Return Can Promise Some Good Fishing Trips On A Kick As Ride As A Thanks For Draggin Me Along On The Hunting Trips.

I Can Continue To Spend $120.00 To 175.00 Per Trip And Ge Fit In On Guided Hunts, But It Would Be Nice To Make New Freinds And Spend That $$(coin) On New Decoys Or Other Accesories For The Hunts.

Just Kinda Lookin For New Buddies To Hang With Here And There. Like This Weekend The Wife Is Kickin Me Out. She's Got Some Girl Freinds Comming To The House And They Just Want To Hang Drink Some Wine And Shoot The **** With Out Any Male Interuptions.

That's Cool I Can Appreciate It, So I'd Like To Go Hunting Or To The Harrisburg Show For The Day To Just Kill Some Time. I'm Sure I Can Get Fit In Somewhere On A Hunt, But It Would Be Nice To Continually Go With The Same Friends.

I Got Some Friends That I Go On A 3 Day Thanksgiving Deer Hunt We've Done It For The Last 14 Years, And Its Great Seeing Them Each And Every Year.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Come down to Tristate with me and see Steve and Sandee. My buddy Tony lives near you and is into the same stuff and fishes offshore on his boat. He's not on the board but you guys should meet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thats right Jtowne - you definitely saved the day for me and the boys, all with a call within 15 minutes of gunning time. Many Thanks. My boy even shot a woodduck that morning and I got a bluebill. That woodduck made up for all of the crying he did when we found out our reserved blindstake was taken and they were not moving and he thought his morning was over before it even started.

Doug
Doug wasn't that your boys first wood duck?

I shot alot of my first out of that blind to include woodie, canvasback, widgion, gadwal, hoddie, ringneck, shovler and teal.

Dont forget me when the big stipers are running in the susky.

Isabelle Do you fish out of Ocean City MD. at all?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
..........You can find a pit on the eastern shore but they are usually $3,000 and up......
Plus, just because you're paying doesn't mean it's going to be decent hunting. All the calling and decoys in the world can't make a bird go where it doesn't want to go. Even in areas with large populations, there are fields, ponds and coves that do not draw and hold birds, and often they look great to the human eye. Everytime I see a blind advertised, I always ask "Why is it open?" The answer is invariably "the club fell apart", but if the place is any good, there's usually a waiting list ten deep to take any open spot.

I would consider any unknown waterfowl lease to be a **** shoot- don't sign a long term lease unless you know the place is worth it.

Anyway, I would say that a contender with twin yammies makes for a pretty good icebreaker in most circles. (18 degrees outside, no pun intended.)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you are free this weekend "Wife is kicking you out", I am moving into my new house and looking for some strong backs. Right around the corner:D ..... Did you get my email?
I'll check my email now, I took the day off work today to do a board off appeals on our tax assesment, It worked out great , the county lowered our property tax. we probably had a 1 in a million chance, but it worked out in our favor for once.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts