Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
for Their IT department? I know this has nothing to do with fishing or tidalfish. But i am really in need of new job. My company is not doing well at all. we have gone through layoffs and salary reductions across the board. I am afraid of what the next step is. So if you know anyone that is looking for and IT guy please let me know. you can e-mail me at [email protected] and i will send you my resume. I have been in the field for 10 years and currently and a Network Administrator/IT Manager. I am responsible for the entire network.

Thanks in advance and sorry about the subject but i am getting desperate.

Also i am willing to do some side work for both small business and home computers. I am much more cost effective then geek squad or any of those types of places. Just send me an e-mail if interested.

·
Registered
559 Posts
The company I work for has a few open slot for desktop support techs. If you get in a bind and would consider that, I can probably help you out. Let me know if you want more info.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
If you are looking to relocate, my company is hiring in our IT dept... but its in OH, and I doubt thats the kind of move you would want to make... if interested, let me know, I can pass the info to you. Good Luck. Its rough out there!

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
I know nothing about IT jobs or what you do, specifically, but our client BAE seems to be hiring in a range of areas right now....I think it may be hosting a job fair soon.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
P.S.: I've heard that temp work may be really picking up if, as some "experts" predict, companies have been (and will continue to be) very aggressive at cutting employees on the front end, only to find themselves shorthanded if even the slightest bit of business uptick occurs. This may be wishful thinking, but some folks do seem to make a very good living temping on a professional level. Just something to consider...and maybe figure out where the agencies are now and do some research so that you're not scrambling as much in an emergency.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. as i edited the post i am willing to do some side work for both small business and home computers. I am much more cost effective then geek squad or any of those types of places. Just send me an e-mail if interested.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
my son has been laid off twice in past 12 months or so. he is involved in conferencing and i think VOIP, he is in sales.

if anybody knows of anything please let me know too. tough times.

if he liked to fish i could set him up, but he doesn't.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can't help with the IT position, but Capt. Deering, I may be able to help your son with a sales career. If he or anyone is interested in an insurance career, full or part-time, call me @ 443-756-9596. Bill

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Try CSC. They are pretty much all over. You might need a security clearance.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Zack, I feel your pain. my employer is moving our IT dept to Atlanta so I'm being laid-off dec 31. Been looking for a couple months but everyone wants every skill in the world for a pittance in pay. Gonna contract and do home and small business repair/networking till something suitable or exciting comes along....may not even stay in IT.....same grind gets old after 10 years.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Check out lockheed martins web site they are always hiring in that field

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey Zach, have you tried getting in contact with a recruiter? You may also consider (if you haven't already done so)posting a profile on websites like LinkedIn or Naymz.
Corporate recruiters troll these sites on a regular basis, and while some folks find recruiters to be the equivalent of personal injury lawyers, I've had nothing but good experiences with them. I'm not in the IT business, but I receive 2 to 3 calls a month from recruiters who found my info online. The nice thing about quality recruiters is that they do all the work, and it's in their best interest to make a good match for the hiring company otherwise they may not get paid their recruiting fee, or may not be used again by the hiring company.
I have profiles on both LinkedIn and Naymz, but really just pay attention to LinkedIn since my network is much larger there. These sites are also good places to reconnect with old friends, schoolmates, or maybe your long lost highschool girlfriend. You'd be surprised whose profiles you might find. Kind of like Facebook, but for professionals.:thumbup:
Good luck out there!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
CSC is doing some hiring for a couple of really big jobs they picked up for a customer who requires security clearances. If you are in IT, and can get a security clearance, do it now. They are hiring.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I am in the same field. I went out on my own (sort of forced to) in June. I have been doing IT work for 29 years. I have lost 7 jobs from 6 companies (laid off by AT&T twice in 18 months). If you can get out of the IT field I would recommend do so. It's infested with low skilled people with little to no experience who will work for peanuts. Most customers don't seem to mind too much so employers are more than happy to hire them since they work far below what a skilled CNE or MSCE will work for. The difference is staggering. I know a girl who had 15 years experience making $90K a year. She was replaced by 2 clowns with less than 5 years total time and they worked for $38K each....And there are literally hundreds of stories like that out there....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts