Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
on the money kwb....they net about a million rockfish...kill every last one of em...and keep the 50 biggest ones as their "bycatch". the dead ones go back into the water...belly up. on tough days some boats are just gaffing the dead ones to make up their limit....preeeetty brutal if ya ask me.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Those guys are a bunch of scum and the lowest people on the face of the planet! Time to take the guns and shoot the net lines in half so they loose it all!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I was at the wright brothers memorial Sunday when all of the fish were found floating. Someone on radio mentioned that they were targeting croakers but that they could keep 20 stripers per trawler as by catch and the rest had to be released. I am not sure how it happened but the fish were alive that we saw, looked like they just had an airbladder full and couldn't get off their backs as a result. It was a shame and something that is definitely avoidable. Sooner or later we all have to start considering the damage being done to this resource and take extra precautions not to waste anything....especially our sea creatures. Like I said, it was a real shame.
CPB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts