Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get so bored this time of the year. I have been thinking about trying to make my own parachutes. I can't find any info on it surfing the web. Does anyone make there own and if so can you help me out on where to buy the supplys and some how to books or web sites.

Thanks for any help
Charlie

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Michael Thats what I was looking. I will try to get a hold of Ida Mae. I would really like to find a good how to book or web site.

Thank again
Charlie

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice thread,

Spoke with Ida Mae at Buzz's shortly , he runs a nice lookin spread! Does he have a link?

I like rebuilding the umbralla rigs I have. A lot of people prefer runnin the tandems, but I seem to have better luck with the umbrellas. Buzz sold me a 5 oz flesh color rubby lip that seems to always produce. It worked again yesterday.:clapping2:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I dont make my own, but I will spend some time each winter re-tying hair and repainting heads on parachutes that have gotten beat up badly enough.....not much in materials cost and kills time productively on those winter evenings.
Be sure to sharpen the hook while your at it...

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
That really is an ugly bunch ! :yes::D Here's a pic of Charley booking his first trip after getting his captain's licence :
:yes: Yea , I can handle all of you boys , no problem !:yes::D

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
hey mike you forgot the mohawk......u frickin creature:D:Dall i want to know is how did you get into my family alblum and pull my picture out:cool:

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
give me a couple weeks and i'll have a variety to choose from....if you have something special you want ....b-mail me and i'll see what i can do

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Wow... just read the thread... and where to begin...:D:D:D
Sewelljx- yup I make my own- its almost as much a hobby to me as fishing is!
Baldie- thanks for the kind words
Charlie- youre still ugly... but you tie some fine looking gear!
Sharkster- Its really very easy, but its a little pricey to get started. Try looking on ebay or at the local tackle shows, and flea markets for molds (about $35 each new). If you want- I can show you the ropes... just let me know.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Wow... just read the thread... and where to begin...:D:D:D
Sewelljx- yup I make my own- its almost as much a hobby to me as fishing is!
Baldie- thanks for the kind words
Charlie- youre still ugly... but you tie some fine looking gear!
Sharkster- Its really very easy, but its a little pricey to get started. Try looking on ebay or at the local tackle shows, and flea markets for molds (about $35 each new). If you want- I can show you the ropes... just let me know.
Since you dont own a boat, I'm gonna start taking those as your Ho payments Twisky...I've seem some hot stuff you made..that ocean blue is pretty!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
If I dont own a boat... where the hell is all my money???

·
Registered
470 Posts
I make a few hundred a year. The hair is the hardest part to find. You can get the hair from SNL (google snl) or one of the tackle shows that will be around this winter. For paint, molds, thread, hooks and other parts you can find alot of places Net Craft, Cabelas and some local tackle shops. Tochermans in Baltimore has more then most.

Good Luck,
Michael

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just wanted to say thanks for all the great help. I now have a few web sites for supplies and some very nice people willing to help me out. Hopefully this will help me get through the winter blues and the cabin fever.

Thanks again
Charlie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts