Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tilia 350 VACcum Sealer isnt sealing anymore. A gift one Christmas and I dont recall if I ever took the time to find out if I got a high, medium or low end model.

Do vaccum sealers loose their suction ability over the years? I guess mine is 6 years old by now, maybe more.

I am going to start looking and researching for a replacement. I want one that has real good suction and provides a good seal.

What types do you have? Give me your thoughts. I want to invest in a good one.

Thanks Board!

Enjoy the SB! Gonna get brutally cold too. Pipe breakin cold they say. Stay warm!

DB

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Suckers

Dave, Just last night I felt the same.

We purchase a pork loin had it butchered and proceeded to vac-pak it. It appeared that it was working ok but it didn't take long until the vac job turning into a bag of air. We bought a lower end model two years ago and I blame the problem is because I was to cheap to buy the better one.

See Ya at S/F

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,155 Posts
Last time

We're on our second Tillia Food Saver. Got the first one well over a decade ago.... the very first model they produced. It worked well for many years and is built lots better than current models are.
Then one day it decided that it was too old for the task at hand. The vac pump worked as well as the very first day..... the circuit for vacuuming canisters and jars still performed well, but the bag sucking circuit would not function without mucho manual intervention.

It seemed to me that the seal needed replacing. I contacted Tilia and they told me to Pack Sand and open my wallet and buy another one. They do not support models more than a few years old. I took that to mean ... beyond the warranty period. I tried every type of foam seal I could get my hands on and could not get the contraption (sucker) to work correctly on bags.

Eventually another Tillia found its way into our kitchen. As a quality appliance.... it sucks! I will never buy another Tillia (Food Saver) brand of vacuum machine no matter what the price.

There are other brands on the market and eventually we will obtain one of them. Which one ?? I do not know as I have not done any research yet. But it definitely will not be a Tillia!!!!!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jerry, I hope you feel better after getting that off your chest.

I need to look into Consumer Reports. I think we are members still.

Oh honey??????

I too am not going to buy anything but the best. I dont mean one of those $2300 commercial jobs. But, something decent for home use.

Keep the boards input coming gang!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And it sux or does not suck?

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What brands are than other than Tilia?

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
10-4 Jerry. Me too. I am going to see what Sams has.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts