Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
Is there a report on how much money has been spent in divorces from compulsive fishing expenditures? Nah...Don't post that. I know of a few, but I'm not one of them. It takes the right kind of wife. She's my PB catch.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I did some (probably wrong) math and the average MD fisherman spends $823.00 a year? I feel like I spend that a month in season....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Life experiences and memories ultimately mean far more than acquisitions in that last phase of life. We are fortunate to have access to so much water and nature. Football and baseball are great fun to watch but fishing and crabbing allows you to be a lifelong participant. You know you're an addict when you plan vacation travel and research fishing opportunities.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
"Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that fish isn't really what they're after."

Misattributed to Thoreau, but true nonetheless....

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
"Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that fish isn't really what they're after."

Misattributed to Thoreau, but true nonetheless....
I did some (probably wrong) math and the average MD fisherman spends $823.00 a year? I feel like I spend that a month in season....
I just dropped 85 bucks yesterday on some hand tools as part of a roadside trailer hub emergency service kit that I made up based on one of Skip's posts from a while back. The guy at Sears in Bowie Town Center was very helpful, and when I was done, I commented along the lines of "I hate to think how much per pound that I am paying for these fish", then immediately followed that comment with 'I wouldn't have it any other way!"

Is there a report on how much money has been spent in divorces from compulsive fishing expenditures? Nah...Don't post that. I know of a few, but I'm not one of them. It takes the right kind of wife. She's my PB catch.
+1 on that one. Mine goes with me, and she often comments during the spring and summer "Put me on some croakers", or "Put me on some flounder". Our biggest arguments regarding fishing are when I want to troll instead of bottom fish when she's on board. This coming season, she wants me to put her on snakehead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts