Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me first say, I'm no fan of Don Imus. I've tried, but I just don't get it. Thats just me.

Having said that, in today's climate, Nappy Headed Whore's, regardless of the conotation, just doesn't seem that bad to me. Granted, I;m not a black woman playing basketball, so perhaps if I were, I might be offended. But then I'd look at the origin of the remark, and probably brush it off.

Then enters Rev Al, whose credibility at best, is minimal. He always needs a " issue" and apparently he has found one to boost his popularity. Seems to be working.

Am I wrong to think this is a " none issue" or am I just desensitized (sp?) by todays society ?

Curious to hear your remarks..

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Imus is a New York cynic but is interesting because he is so outspoken. What he said is reflective of what rappers say and get away with. He's getting big heat about this. I have no positiion.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
It reminds me of the time when as a kid I said something like get your Cotton pickin hands off my tater tots to a friend in the school cafeteria. It was good natured and the friend was black. Offense was taken and I didn't get it. Yosemite Sam said it all the time for Christ's sake. At the age of 9 I put it in the lessons learned column, and my friend got over it.

Imus is a grown man and not bad looking for 103 years young. what is his excuse? And WTF is up with that ridiculous hat? Me thinks he is still watching too much Yosemite Sam.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
I think the uproar from his comment stems from the fact that he made a personal attack on these women and they did nothing to deserve it.

On the other hand, yeah, it was rude, but isn't that what this guy gets paid to do?

I dunno, I think it's more of this guy being an A-hole than a racist.

-JB

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
It reminds me of the time when as a kid I said something like get your Cotton pickin hands off my tater tots to a friend in the school cafeteria. It was good natured and the friend was black. Offense was taken and I didn't get it. Yosemite Sam said it all the time for Christ's sake. At the age of 9 I put it in the lessons learned column, and my friend got over it.

Imus is a grown man and not bad looking for 103 years young. what is his excuse? And WTF is up with that ridiculous hat? Me thinks he is still watching too much Yosemite Sam.
That's EMM-EFFIN COTTON PICKIN' FUNNY RIGHT THERE ! :D To me , Imus's only redeeming quality is his taste in music . He looks ridiculous in that hat . Looks like he just got off his hobby horse . :D

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
That's EMM-EFFIN COTTON PICKIN' FUNNY RIGHT THERE ! :D To me , Imus's only redeeming quality is his taste in music . He looks ridiculous in that hat . Looks like he just got off his hobby horse . :D
LOL, that clown would look no less ridiculous in baggy pants, FUBU jacket, and a Mr. T. starter set.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
It all depends on who say what.I never watch or listen to Imus or any of the rap music.Some of them black comic`s say some bad stuff all in the name of making a buck.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Just watched some of the race industry folks (Jackson, reps from Urban League) pile on Imus. The gist of their comments was that this incident needs to be used to produce more media jobs (preferences) for blacks. What Imus said was mean. The response predictable.

Maybe MSNBC will hire Sharpton as co-anchor in contrition.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Making big news out of non News is the main focus of the news these days.
BTW Anna Nicoles's t!ts are still dead.

Bert

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
well, Imus isn't funny anyway,and I got kind of a laff earlier today when one of the commentators asked Jesse J. about his hymietown remark.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've got to take issue here. If someone called my daughter/sister/mother a "ho", nappy headed or otherwise, I'd be pissed. Just because rappers do it and comedians do it doesn't make it right. It denigrates women. I know we used to have some women on here that have disappeared, but it would be nice to have their perspective. The "nappy headed" part was clearly offensive to blacks and uncalled for. I don't really care about Sharpton or Jackson's response, I was offended when I first heard the statement before those bozos chimed in. Probably racist, definitely sexist and not funny at all, IMO.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
His problem was that he assaulted them for their appearance rather than for their words or actions. All they were trying to do was beat a tough team in the National Championship, and he heaped ad hominem insults upon them.

Suppose somebody wore a stupid hat and had a face like a well-worn saddle. Nobody would make fun of them for that, would they ?

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
He makes his living insulting everyone. I don't know why people listen to him but apparently many do. If people do not like what he has to say they ought not listen. If he doesn't have listeners then he will go away. It really is that simple.

(by the way, I do not believe it is possible to assault someone with words.)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Again, where does it say that we are protected from being offended? People need to grow up. It was humor, that's it. A joke. Big friggin deal. People call bull riders dumb ********, golfers get called snooty tootys, figure skaters get called homos, bikers get called spandex wearing girly men... who friggin cares. Imus makes fun of everone, himself included.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Let him say what he wants, thats what free speech is all about. His listeners will decide his fate on the radio by his rateings. I used to listen on occasion and sometimes he was funny but mostly he bored me. Its ashamed he bent over and took it from those two nappy heads:D Sharpton and Jackson. Hes now nuthin but a NAPPY HEADED HO himself. Dang Wuss.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
439 Posts
Why is it every time a white person says something off key about a black person they should be fired and there life riuned? They say and do as they please and we should just deal with it...I don't get it. Ok so it was rude of him to say...the guy makes his living doing it to everyone. Then its all over the news and what is the deal with jessie Jackson and that Al Sharpton? Who appointed these two clowns in suits to be the mouth piece for black folk?
Don't you think they could have got michael jordon or at least someone with brains and not just white haters??????
This is all just a big joke, makes me want to puke every time I hear about it.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
well, I don't remember, and hope I'm wrong, about Sharpton's apology over that whole Towana Brawley hoax/incident. Gotta agree Mike that someone could have been more credible objecting to this than Reverend Sharpton or Jesse.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts