Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself in the position of having more boats than I have places to keep them and have decided to donate one to charity.
It is a 1978 Trojan 30' Sportfish, solid fiberglass hull in perfect condition, recently repowered with twin Chevy 350s. Very seaworthy, needs minor cosmetic work.
If anyone knows of a not for profit organization such as Wish a Fish, Sea Scouts, USCG Aux., etc. that could use it, please bmail me.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The Reedville Fisherman's museum takes boat donations.

The Massey Cancer Center at Rappahannock General Hospital might be interested. They hold some interesting raffles to help their indigent patients. I donated a framed John Barber print and a ton of books to them. Large items are usually raffled and books are sold there at the center for $1 each. A very good cause. Ask for Connie.....she can assist you or put you on to the person who can.

Very generous and thoughtful of you Capt. G in wanting to help others. [angel]

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
In regards to my previous post .......If any of you guys have any books you don't want please think of donating them to the cancer center at RGH. Thanks. [angel]

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in St. Michaels MD takes donated boats.

http://www.cbmm.org/me_boat_auction.html

If I could afford the gas I would start up a charity fishing club just for such a boat.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts