Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want to keep two fish starting tomorrow you have to go outside of the bay fishing in the coastal waters.

BTW I thought that we should have kept it two fish through the end of the year. With weekend weather like today I doubt that we would have gone over quota.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I fully agree Tom, of course I also think the size/slots should be the same both inside the bay and in the ocean also. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree a 29 fish in the bay is ilegal and 10 feet over the line into the ocean its legal. Makes no sense then the boys in n.c. Get to pick em over.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
as many as you want 5 miles out

·
Registered
120 Posts
Called VMRC, spoke to Joe, and confirmed the following:

I fish possession limit in the bay starting Dec 20th. The fish can be either be 18-28 inches or greater than 34 inches.

I called because the website stated the regulations as limit of 2 fish of 18-28 inches, with an exception that 1 of the 2 fish possession can be greater than 34 inches. Strict intepretation, given that we are now on a 1 fish possession, could have meant the exception no longer applied. Glad to see that is not the case.

Joe (Miller Time)

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
in the ocean what is the regs
Virginia Coastal Seasons ..................................................................January 1 through March 31 &
.......................................................................................................................…May 16 through December 31
........................................Minimum Size Limit............................................... 28 inches
........................................Possession Limit.................................................... 2 per person

Note that there is a coastal trophy season from May 1 to May 15; the regulations summarized below for Virginia Trophy Seasons apply to the coastal trophy season.

Coastal regulations apply in Virginia's Territorial Sea, plus all of the creeks, bays, inlets, and tributaries on the seaside of Accomack County, Northhampton County (including areas east of the causeway from Fisherman Island to the mainland) and the City of Virginia Beach (including federal areas and state parks fronting on the Atlantic Ocean and east and south of the point where the shoreward boundary of the Territorial Sea joins the mainland at Cape Henry). Click here for map of coastal boundary near the CBBT.

REGULATION: 2008 RECREATIONAL FISHING REGULATIONS

Dennis:))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts