Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
will not matter tracks or not , they just wait at the three mile line for you to get in and take it from there .

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
If your fishing one of the big money tournies don't delete your track log if you think you may be in the money as they will be checking it to make sure you fished legal. Deleted track log usually means disqualification.

·
Registered
217 Posts
ROB, The Mid Atlantic Rockfish Shootout next week uses handheld GPS units that are turned in when you weigh your fish. Track logs can be viewed through a computer gives us a time for any location on th etrack. Very nice stuff!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That is nice. Good luck to all that fish it.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
That is very cool. Great idea as long as you have enough hand helds to go around. Were they donated to the tourney or did you have to buy them?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Gee, I used to go fishing to relax, get outdoors and get away from all the hassles.
Now if you want to participate in the ocean striper fishery, or even fish at all in saltwater (ie the new saltwater registry), you've got to register yourself and prove you are innocent of all the crimes they assume you might be committing. Guilty until you can prove your innocence, I guess. How nice!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
My understanding is that Garmin has provided the units for one of the tourneys this weekend.

Side note: I wouldnt delete a damn thing...I would be fishing legal anyways!

Danny

·
Registered
217 Posts
The GPS units are for the MID ATLANTIC ROCKFISH SHOOTOUT next weekend Jan 6,7,8. Garmin has been a sponsor for a few years and they provide them for the tournament.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Tracks won't save you from a ticket. If you get caught with striper in the EEZ you will get a ticket whether tracks or on, off, saved, deleted, don't matter. And if you are inside 3 miles having tracks from the past showing you in the EEZ that is not proof you caught striper in the EEZ as there are other species to target out there too....fishing in the EEZ is not illegal. I do agree to be sure to use the tools you have to stay inside 3 miles when targeting striper but tracks ain't going to help anyone (unless you are tournament fishing).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts