Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for fishers who havent trolled a lot:
--The first thing you do, even before you put lines in the water, is to look at the pack of boats and see how they are trolling. *Do not just toss your lines in and take off.* If the pack is trolling in a certain pattern, follow their pattern. If the pack is doing lines back and forth, then troll with the pack of boats until you need to turn and then turn 180 degrees around and troll with the pack again. For example, today the fleet off Cape Henry was trolling East and West, and 98% of the boats were doing fine. But i cant believe how many boats would just start trolling with no reguard to what everyone else was doing. I would be looking to my port and starboard to make sure i wasnt about to rub up against any boat (and to do a quick fishing report of my neighboring boats), and i would look over my bow to see a boat cutting right across my bow trolling North to South. You would here them creating caos over the radio. "Thanks for skrewing up my line Grady White." or "Thanks for readjusting my anchor on my prowl". Observation doesnt take long, but it is neccessary and it will certainly help you gain friends out there.

-Mark

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Certainly some good points. I tried to spot a pattern at CH on Saturday but I think the fleet had just about every direction covered. I could not figure out a pattern. So I just closed my eyes and drove in the pack. (just kidding). It can take the fun out of fishing when folks get too close and cut lines off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts