Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there fishing more than one stretch out in the rapp? Seems like this weekend the radio chatter consisted of those not catching, and those catching - who were using stretch 25s and 30s.

For those fishing in the river, do you use more than one stretch? How far back are you fishing them? I run one, about 250 feet back in the bay - in the river I think that would be a navigational problem for the other boats.

Anyone out there with any experience?

Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've only got a small boat, generally run 3 lines, don't use planers and fish 2 stretches when the big fish are around and it's not too choppy. Just stagger the distance between them, and stay away from other boats! Let's face it, things get as tight on the bay as the river when you're ducking in and out of birds and boats. The other line has a 6 oz parachute with dropper. That's my approach.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i have a 23 c hawk and i pull 5 or 6stretch 25 & 30 at the same time . i grew up fishing the potomac were planer boards are a staple on every boat , been fishing them for a long time and it feels like there part of the boat when navagating through the crowd . the key to stretchs is to stagger them no less than 20 feet and you can tune them to avoid each other by slightly bending the ring base on the lip:rockon:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'll give you a tip, look at charter boat web sites like Heritage, Anna Lynne, Rockin Robin, Bob-A-Long and others. They all have pics of their parties catches of big rock. But focus on their rods and rigs in the background and you can see what they are using. Some of these guys trol over 20 lines which is easy with 200' planer boards. In the pics you will see that they use moch of the exact same lure sets. There are many ways to learn.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Amen, Cap'n George:

We've gotten cluster-effed pulling 10 lines, it takes a lot of skill to remember what to set your initial spread at, and a good memory to remember which lines are at what depth after you've pulled a couple fish and reset the rigs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts