Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey AC it's just around the corner... Do you know anywhere we could knock a few down come sept?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
There is corn in the field in front of my house. Can't remember if they got it in early or late but it has huge ears and is over 7 foot tall. If that gets cut I'll get permission off of Gene and Biker Bob. Gene and his son and Gene's Brother in law; Lane with you and I could surround the field and have a good hunt. If it is not cut by then I'll see if I can find another.

Acey

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds great, I'm thinking about buying a dove mojo, I saw a guy dropping birds left and right with one last season. Ill buy a few extra boxes of shells for you and the landowner for letting me hunt. Ill even bring some fried chicken or burgers and a grill if it season comes in at noon again.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Save your money on those boxes of shells PP. Darn, I have about a half a case of light bird load I've got to shoot that's about 9 years old. Last time I cooked dove is about 10 years ago or so and all I remember the meat is very dry and tasteless. Pretty tough also. Need a few beers to make it eatable if you know what I mean. I have about 10 dove decoys that you attach a line to and throw with a weight up over a power line and pull the decoy up, which works pretty good. Learn how to shoot the bird just before he lite onto the power line so as not to break the power line and to give the bird a chance. :hysterical:

Acey

Acey

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,295 Posts
Man ....... You didn't cook them right. Broiled with just a little salt and pepper to a max of medium rare and you have a delicious juicy dove meal as long as you have a dozen or more. Over cook them, like with any game, and you have shoe leather

1 - 6 of 6 Posts