Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While out fishing last weekend I turned on the livewell aerator and got nothing, no lights on the rocker switch either. Last year was hit or miss when out, and almost lost 2 dozen spot purchased at Anglers one morning. When I returned home I decided it was time to investigate. After getting it out of the small hatch area near the battery it showed it's 21 year age. I also pulled the steering wheel of the dash after soaking pb blaster and a set of wheel/bearing pullers. I pulled out the switch and ordered both items from amazon. The switch is scheduled to be here on the 16th or 17th. Hopefully it gets here then to give me time to put it all back together again and not lose another weekend on the water.
Decided to sand down and paint the dash while it is off also.

Mike

aerator.jpg
dash.jpg dash2.jpg

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sorry to hear you’re down for repairs. Hope you get back on the water in a timely manner.
Regards to fishing. It appears you like to fish for white perch. If so, have you fished the local reservoirs? If I'm not mistaken you mentioned your son has a permit.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear you’re down for repairs. Hope you get back on the water in a timely manner.
Regards to fishing. It appears you like to fish for white perch. If so, have you fished the local reservoirs? If I'm not mistaken you mentioned your son has a permit.
He does, and I do like to fish for perch. I understand either Liberty or Piney Run have a bunch. I haven't been there on his boat yet and we have to figure out where to target them when we get there. I should only be down this weekend.
I personally am a saltwater guy. I have a spot for perch that produces very well.

Mike

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
He does, and I do like to fish for perch. I understand either Liberty or Piney Run have a bunch. I haven't been there on his boat yet and we have to figure out where to target them when we get there. I should only be down this weekend.
I personally am a saltwater guy. I have a spot for perch that produces very well.

Mike
Fish prettyboy center of lake you troll on 2 can go to dam or north stay in center single hook spinner and large split shot is all that is needed of course you need half of night crawler on hook cast out let alittle more line out and fill the cooler. Split shot should b 18” above spiner

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you can fish during the week - I know a guy.
Skip,

I definitely appreciate the offer, but my job is weekdays 12 hrs a day. No complaints, good job for 21 years.
I'm hoping to only be down one weekend.

Thanks again,
Mike

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fish prettyboy center of lake you troll on 2 can go to dam or north stay in center single hook spinner and large split shot is all that is needed of course you need half of night crawler on hook cast out let alittle more line out and fill the cooler. Split shot should b 18” above spiner
O sea D,

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated. When I go out with my son, I'll give it a shot and let you know our results.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts