Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and 9yr old boys tried fishing Dragon Run just off that bridge that crosses it on US 17 this weekend. Caught a couple of baby largemouth and some bluegill. Does anyone know of any other spots that is open to public fishing on the Dragon that would be good for me and my kids to have some fun? They really enjoyed the change of scenery since the only place that they have really fished is either Beaver Dam or Gloucester Point Pier.

:help:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
If you continue up 17 6 or 7 miles you can take a left on rt 602, Wares Bridge Rd. Go a few miles down there and there is a bridge over the dragon. There is some parking space on the road and a path leading down to the water. Casting space is a little tight but i have caught bass, pickerel and warmouth off the bank there.

--John

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Welcome to TF! Beside FW, some of the local pubic ramps/ beaches should have large croakers show up soon ( need a few more warm days in a row) - wake, whitestone bridge (grayspoint side ...
(ware river ramp looked good, never fished it)

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Me and 9yr old boys tried fishing Dragon Run just off that bridge that crosses it on US 17 this weekend. Caught a couple of baby largemouth and some bluegill. Does anyone know of any other spots that is open to public fishing on the Dragon that would be good for me and my kids to have some fun? They really enjoyed the change of scenery since the only place that they have really fished is either Beaver Dam or Gloucester Point Pier.

:help:
That area sadly is not public and parking there will get you towed.

I guide the Dragon and there is no access except by boat or land owner.

But the area north is good fishing and canoeing off RT 602..

Capt Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts