Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some think the answer to our foreign oil purchasing lies in the ability of the oil companies to drill in Alaska and offshore.

As this exerpt from a article in the Wall St. Journal points out economics dictates drilling or not drilling even on oil leases which presently exist is a economic decision not one of needing more land under the control of oil companies via leases.

"The broader impact of the plunge in oil and gas prices, coupled with tightening credit, is beginning to give these energy-buffered regions a taste of what the rest of the nation has been suffering for months.

In recent weeks, natural-gas companies have been pulling lease offers back and canceling drilling projects on land they already control. Energy jobs are drying up, as companies mothball drilling rigs and lay off the contractors who leased land on their behalf.

In Fort Worth, the growth in sales-tax revenue has begun to slow, and unemployment is rising. Perhaps more significantly, the economic gap between Texas and the rest of the country is narrowing. In August, the state's unemployment rate of 5.1% was a full percentage point better than the 6.1% national mark; that difference shrunk to 0.8 point in September at 5.2% versus 6.0% nationally.

Among the first to feel the change are the homeowners who had been expecting to sell drilling rights to their land for thousands of dollars. For many Fort Worth residents, that opportunity evaporated literally overnight.

Three weeks ago, Sue Nelson arrived at a meeting with representatives of XTO Energy Inc., one of the area's largest natural-gas producers, expecting to sell the gas rights beneath her quarter-acre lot for about $6,000. Instead, she learned the meeting had been canceled, and a day later the deal negotiated by her neighborhood association was called off." Wall Street Journal

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Cheesed off about the flu shot

Had to post this to vent hopefully I will find some support in the BS BOARD :eek2:
Mandatory flu shot is a crock of ****
the Government wants you to get a flu shot so they will sleep better at night
the invest in these companies and buy their product and then force it or push it on you and your children (NJ made it mandatory for pre schoolers)
There is no accuracy as to what virus are chose for the strains it is a **** shoot at best they take the strains from what was in China and Japan and use it here (do you think it going over the pacific ocean and a whole different race and culture of people change it)
It is not guaranteed you will not get the flu either only you won't get it as bad and if you do they will say it is not a strain they protected you against (So WTF should I get it again)
Hospital and Pharmacies use it as a marketing ploy come on in for your free flu shot and buy some stuff while you are waiting in our benevolent business not the other guys who are trying to kill you and don't have your best interest at heart. They could get as many people in there if they gave away free candy too lot cheaper too.
Forcing Healthcare workers to take them " to protect the patients" WTF what is next mandatory colon scopes to make sure my **** doesn't affect my co-workers on the toilet where does it end. Hope your wife's and daughter won't mind a mandatory clamydia swap before they can try on clothes or use a restroom or get a dorm room at college. Wait till they ever trot out the AIDS vaccine and your kids have to get it to play sports. It has not been proven to work just "protecting you" so when they find out it really does do damage the next kids won't get it (**** your kid in the meantime)
Stop making us work mandatory overtime, giving us the third degree when we do call in sick (so we can rebound faster) and get proper rest we do get tired we are not machines.
Big Goverment telling you what you need to do is the first step down a slippery slope. If you consent to the shot read the fine print if you have an adverese reaction including death they are not respondsible.
You may return to your regular broadcast day and Thank You

·
Banned
184 Posts
Had to post this to vent hopefully I will find some support in the BS BOARD :eek2:
Mandatory flu shot is a crock of ****
the Government wants you to get a flu shot so they will sleep better at night
the invest in these companies and buy their product and then force it or push it on you and your children (NJ made it mandatory for pre schoolers)
There is no accuracy as to what virus are chose for the strains it is a **** shoot at best they take the strains from what was in China and Japan and use it here (do you think it going over the pacific ocean and a whole different race and culture of people change it)
It is not guaranteed you will not get the flu either only you won't get it as bad and if you do they will say it is not a strain they protected you against (So WTF should I get it again)
Hospital and Pharmacies use it as a marketing ploy come on in for your free flu shot and buy some stuff while you are waiting in our benevolent business not the other guys who are trying to kill you and don't have your best interest at heart. They could get as many people in there if they gave away free candy too lot cheaper too.
Forcing Healthcare workers to take them " to protect the patients" WTF what is next mandatory colon scopes to make sure my **** doesn't affect my co-workers on the toilet where does it end. Hope your wife's and daughter won't mind a mandatory clamydia swap before they can try on clothes or use a restroom or get a dorm room at college. Wait till they ever trot out the AIDS vaccine and your kids have to get it to play sports. It has not been proven to work just "protecting you" so when they find out it really does do damage the next kids won't get it (**** your kid in the meantime)
Stop making us work mandatory overtime, giving us the third degree when we do call in sick (so we can rebound faster) and get proper rest we do get tired we are not machines.
Big Goverment telling you what you need to do is the first step down a slippery slope. If you consent to the shot read the fine print if you have an adverese reaction including death they are not respondsible.
You may return to your regular broadcast day and Thank You
You are quite right. I swore off the flu shot over 4 years ago and haven't caught the flu since.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts