Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to rig up some rigs to use double shad darts. Does anyone know of a web site or link that would teach me.

It is like a bottom rig but with all mono line. I will put a bottom sinker on the end, tie the top to my main line and drop a shad dart top and bottom.

I know want i want to do but i do not know how to tie it.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Drop shot rig like we use for YP? If your want'n to fish vertical and use drop shot'n rigs lose the jigheads and just use hooks so they'll stand out off the main line.

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Learn to tie the double surgeons loop here. That is all you need to know. Tie three of them on a leader and you have a nice dropper rig.
Doesn't get any simpler than that...good one Dave:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I use Dave's double surgeon loop too, but I first put the line through the shad dart so that the fly comes out at the end of the loop. I save plenty of tag to tie on the bottom dart. That gives you a double line going to the top dart and adds strength for when you tie into a couple of nice whites. I use the same knot for rockfish droppers, drop shot rigs and livelining. It only takes a few seconds to tie.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
180 Posts
Hey guys i think its unlawful to fish with more than two hooks per rod
motherducker

·
Registered
62 Posts
I usually tie my own rigs using two dropper loops and a double surgeons for the sinker. I always find this video to be useful.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Dropper loop and palomar and that's all I need......
And this snell knot...., The dropper loop, the palomar, the snell knot and that's all I need.....

Seems like it more and more every year.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I've used a spider hitch knot to creat a long loop, about 30" or whatever you prefer. I'll cut side of the loop at about 12" and the the other side will obvioussly be 18".... Voila!....One knot, two leaders

Or you can tie long dropper loops in your main line at whatever distance you want.

PS....when using spider hitch mehtod I always put a dab of super glue on the knot. I would not used this method for big(er) fish but I've never had a problem with perch/shad. I'm not even sure if by cutting the loop that the knot has less strenght, just MHO and an easy way I've found to make tandems darts/jigs easy and still have the most action.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help. If I can get my fingers to work, I can make up some rigs. I used to be able to tie a lure with my eyes closed. My hands just don't do what they used to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts