Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished on the ADAMBOMB out of Cape May Sat. 5/21, 2:30 to 8:30 PM with Saltfisher Don Kiesel, my son Chris and our buddy, TC off the TF Board. Wind was up but blowing w/ the incoming tide so while rough, it was bearable. Marked fished as we wandered around looking for a place to anchor.
Anchored in 14 ft. of water off Slaughter Beach over the mussel beds.
Soon after the surf clams went into the water Don hooked up about a 15 lb black puppy drum. The juices of all began flowing with ecitement of the hopeful day before us.

Well 3 hours later TC gets a hit but couldn't hook up. Another hour passed before Chris hooked up and boated a 15/16lb'er.

Fifteen minutes later I hooked up a 20 lb'er on a light spinning outfit spooled with 10lb Fireline. A nice battle and a lot off fun. First black drum I have ever caught. Have always heard people complain about the lack of a fight with black drum, but on light gear they are a ball.

Can't wait to get back out there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tight Lines and Fair Winds!
Mike

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CB,

We were using fish finder rigs w/ 5/0 offset circle hook and 4 oz. weight. Put a whole surf clam on as bait.

My Fish was caught on one of my St. Croix rods w/ a Diawa SS 1600 reel. My favorite combo. The drag on that reel is REAL SMooooth. I don't have to tell you about St. Croix rods!

Tight Lines and Fair Winds!

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.