Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After asking 9 people to go fishing and all of them saying no, I was starting think my plans for a evening drum trip were not going to happen. As luck would have it, I finally got a crew together. Blake M, Jon K, and I left Messick at 5pm and headed to the breakers. Got set up and got sharked!! Big dogfish! close to 4ft. A few minutes later a rod goes off. I was standing beside it so I pick it up and set the hook. At first site I thought it was another shark. Just saw a flash of white in the dirty water and it looked close enough to the first one we caught. Blake and Jon both said no it's a drum. Sure enough they were right. Got the fish netted, measured, and back in the water. 50 inches of Bull Red! We stayed another hour but had no more bites so we packed up and ran to the CBBT to catch rock. Worked the bridge hard for an hour but no love. There is nothing more frustrating to me than marking fish and not being able to make them eat! Left the bridge at 11:15 and had a smooth ride home at 28 knots.

Had a great evening of fishing with two good buddies and caught a citation red, don't get much better than that!

photo.JPG

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Nice fish Craig. Glad you got a crew and made the trip.

One 50" Red and my 34" Black along with a few sharks and 1 clear nose ray was our haul. Can't wait for the next wx window to get out and give em another go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts