1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Quick question:

raymarine c80 unit
DSM 300 HD
1kw Shoot thru trans
Its awesome

Recently on a couple of trips it seems I have lost connection with the dsm and then it comes back and then I loose it again. Also the gps position and track will go out as well. Got very annoying the last trip. Going off every 30 seconds and coming back on. I will unhook the cables and reconnect them to see if I have a loose cable. Could it be anything else?

·
Registered
11 Posts
We are having a similar issue on my dad's boat (Hydra-Sports 2600CC). Basically same setup with C80 and DSM300, but we have a transom mount transducer. I'd rather switch he swtich to the thru hull, but don't want to drop the money into the electronics as the moment. Anyways, back to the problem, I believe we get a "connection lost" on the screen and then it goes away and works again. I was reading on another side that the DSM units can be finicky and to make sure you have a good power connection to them with the correct gauge wire. I haven't had a chance to look at how all the electronics are run on my dad's boat but I'll probably try checking all the connections and maybe upgrading some of the wiring. If I hear anything else I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The C series of Raymarine are very current/voltage sensitive. The boats I have been on with them have them wired all by themselves from the house battery with separate switches and inline fuses. As soon as a current changes to the unit, signal lost.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yep, sounds like a power interruption. Make sure your ground is good too.
Wen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.