Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this thread to remind everyone to make sure their GPS's are aware of the new Daylight Savings Time dates. Otherwise, your tidal information within the GPS could be wrong. Check with your GPS manufacturers website to see if your GPS is upgradeable.

I performed a software upgrade on my Lowrance LMS334C iGPS last night. The software upgrade was easy and was accomplished without any issues. I do, however recommend that you backup your waypoints (if your GPS supports this) prior to performing the upgrade. Just in case...

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Thanx for the heads-up M17. Reckon my Lowrance'll require that one too.

BTW - do you know you can use a digital camera as a card reader for these updates?....no need to buy a separate reader.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already had a multi-card reader that I used. My digital camera driver only allows reading from the camera and not writing to the media card in the camera. Weird... But yeh, I suspect unless your GPS is brand spanking new, it will probably need a software upgrade to ensure the tidal data is correct between now and what the GPS thinks is DST and again at the end of DST.

The upgrade on the lowrance was a no brainer...very simple.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
279 Posts
i JUST BOUGHT MINE sUNDAY SO i HOPE ITS GOOD TO GO.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I thought the GPS system pushed the time and date to the reciever??? I don't ever remember setting a time in any of GPS units.

- Dae

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
I thought the GPS system pushed the time and date to the reciever??? I don't ever remember setting a time in any of GPS units.

- Dae
Dae, and others - This is what's included in the Lowrance update:

"What changes are made in this update?

Improved Tides and Currents to compensate properly for Daylight savings time"
"

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i JUST BOUGHT MINE sUNDAY SO i HOPE ITS GOOD TO GO.
When I get home I will post the menu navigation instructions to show what the unit thinks is DST. I ran across the menu item last night.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On my Lowrance I can check the Daylight Savings Time settings by selecting MENU, MENU, SYSTEM SETUP, SET LOCAL TIME, CONFIGURE DST, UNITED STATES and observe the "Beginning Rule and Ending Rule".

I did notice that if my Lowrance software wasn't upgraded, for whatever reason, that there is a user defined setting in the DST configuration menu. That may be an option for those who don't want to install the latest software for whatever reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts