Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on building a duck blind. I want it to hold 2 maybe 3 hunters and a dog. What are the overall dimensions that you would go with. Any overall advice for making a blind would be helpful.

·
Registered
734 Posts
It depends on where you are building. With boat hide or without (deepwater or shore blind). My shooting box is ten feet by five feet with a roof overhead. Shoots 4 without a problem.

Dave

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not as much worried about hiding the boat, it will go in shallow water, maybe 3' deep.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i just built a blind using a fairly cheap pontoon boat i found. i changed my mind a dozen times trying to figure out how high-wide-deep-how much overhang etc. finally decided to build it as big and wide as the deck of the pontoon boat--7 1/2 ft wide by 18 ft long.--glad i did. the more room the better and if i'm hunting by myself i just close up the other 2 pull back camo bars and hunt out of my favorite corner.

biggest mistake i did make was making the front wall too high. started out with a 4 ft high front wall and it just didn't feel right not being able to see most of the decoys:cool:. waited til the first splt was done and then cut the front wall down to 40" and it feels a lot better:thumbup:.

Wood Plant Tree Motor vehicle Bumper

Plant Table Wood Tree Shade

View attachment 13837

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If you want to keep it simple, build it 8ft.x 4ft This size will hold 2 or 3 hunters and a dog easily.

"A" frame blinds are also nice, they are easy to make and allows you to shoot from both sides easily.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Here is my design

Here are a couple pictures before camo is applied

A little camo net helps quite a bit - - -

[/QUOTE]

It is made of 1/2 in PT on 2x2 PT frame. Built in sections and bolted together on site.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I really appreciate you guys taking the time to submit your pics. I love the pontoon design, looks like a serious duck hunting/ party machine. I think I am going to go with a 4'x10'. Again, thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts