Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from the Baltimore area and have hunted most of life but not too much for ducks or geese. I have a home in Somerset County - Lower Fairmount area and I have access to Big Annamessex and Manokin Rivers plus the Fairmount Wildlife Management area. Does any one have any suggestions for a good type of boat that would be good for duck hunting in this area. I would also like to use the boat in the summer for some fishing and crabbing. Something big enough for two people.
Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I found a 1984 Jon Boat only. Needs paint but the hull is in good shape. Then I found a 1999 Suzuki 4 stroke 40hp (from Hooked on the Bay North East MD). Now I have a great work boat for minimal cost. If you want a turn-key boat stop by the Hooked on the Bay at the outdoor show this week. They are great guys.

·
Registered
309 Posts
A canoe works great in the impoundments!Got some Teal there early. If you're boatin out of Rumbley you'll need a decent boat to get back up in the rivers, if it's windy. St Peters Ramp will keep you outta the weather better. Get there early!
It's nice to have a wide flat duckboat to get all your dekes and gear in.
What you gain on one side, you give up on the other.
[grin] Get 2 boats!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I wish you could explain that to my wife[wink]I have an 18' Lund, which is great up in the Manokin.But in the Sound with 2'-3" seas my butt gets tense!I took her out, and then she agreed a 22' CC might be "safer".
If it doesn't freeze soon, I don't think we'll see any more ducks.I heard some shootin in Deal and Fairmount But it shuts down about 9AM, unless it's real nasty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.