Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how about some recipes for woodducks? first ones i have ever taken. 2 on saturday and 2 this morning! all before 8 am each day. lovin' when they come into a little hole you are sitting in!

now i just need to figure out how to prepare 'em.

mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you're doing all four birds, I'd breast them out with the skin on & then place them in a zip-lock baggy w/ your favorite jar of BBQ sauce & a cup or 2 of orange juice & a lot of chopped garlic(4-5 tablespoons. let them marinate @ least 24 hours - longer is better(i do 2-3 days). when ready to grill them, wrap each breast in bacon(completely covered) & grill on low/med temp until medium rare. make sure you baste them w/ the left over sauce while grilling them. once done, slice them on an angle about 3/8" thick pieces & pour a little of the left over marinade on them(make sure you nuke the sauce B4 pouring). i serve these w/ rice & grilled veggies. My kids can't get enough - never any left overs & always ask when i'm going wood duckin' next

·
Registered
66 Posts
I made some teal the other day that were great and very easy. Breasted them out, added some butter to a heavy iron skillet browned them on both sides and then added Madeira wine. Let them cook for about 8 to 10 minutes on low. Took them off and cranked the heat..added some more Madeira and created a qucik reduction sauce. Real Good.

Have plenty more but that was so easy and good thought I would pass it along.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Skin ducks out whole, salt , pepper. Place sliced apple and onion in cavity. place ducks in covered pot with small amount of water,stick in oven at 300 for 90 mins. Meat will fall off the bone when you try to get them out the pot. Taste will make your tongue slap your brains out. ( i cook 4 in a dutch oven pot at a time)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Breast them out, marinate in italian dressing overnite, throw on the grill at low heat, flip once, and eat away........While we are at the club, most of them do not even make it inside......

·
Registered
126 Posts
breast out; let breasts soak in water for 5 minutes; place breasts in oven and cook for 10 minutes with no marinades, sauces, salt, pepper or bacon.

Doug

·
Registered
99 Posts
Skin and breast them out, take 1/4 cup westershire, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2tbs dejon mustard, small can of crushed pineapple, 1/2 cup of orange juice,and a large bottle of zesty italian dressing mix together. Add breast, marinate for 24hr. wrap in beacon or better yet panchetta,and cook on grill until rare to med rare, serve as soon as possible as they will cont. to cook off the grill. This recipe works great on doves and geese as well. Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts